Management of property and emergency help

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Ludwig

Management of property and emergency help

Post by Ludwig »

Have just bought a holiday cottage in north Norfolk. Can anyone advise on maintenance company or first port of call should something go wrong with plumbing or electrics etc? Has anyone used Homeserve?
Many thanks in advance for any tips!
bessie

Post by bessie »

Hi
I use British gas homecare 400 maybe a bit expensive but I know that even on Christmas day I have cover.They give you apm or am time.If you look on line it will tell you what is covered.
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

I would imagine you'd have to find someone local to handle most things if you're offsite. You could try advertising somewhere local.

I had a quick look at Homeserve and while it covers many things, such as your gas boiler or electric supply it won't cover things such as an appliance breaking down. When your washing machine or dishwasher breaks (happens a lot in rentals) or your guests can't figure out the satellite TV and claim it's broken, you need to have someone at hand who can rush out and organise a repair, buy a replacement VERY quickly or demonstrate the TV remote control.
Gordo

Post by Gordo »

I'd suggest you tap into one of the online landlord communities, for a forum try propertytribes or if you're a FB fan try uk property traders. Everybody knows someone and someone knows someone else in your area.

Happiness is a journey not a destination,
So work like you don’t need the money,
Love like you’ve never been hurt,
and Dance like no one’s watching…