Not getting Airbnb enquiries to my personal inbox any more

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
lester1meg

Not getting Airbnb enquiries to my personal inbox any more

Post by lester1meg »

My Airbnb enquiries used to come to my personal inbox now they don't. I can get to them by going to Airbnb Login and then going to My Listings. I have asked Airbnb for help several times as I've missed enquiries because of this. They have told me to check my personal email address is correct on their system, which it is. I'm also missing the payments advice from Airbnb but I do get the request to review guests and details of Paris get together etc.. Can anybody explain what has happened? I haven't tried to change anything.
Can anybody help?
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

Have you checked the filters on your personal email account to make sure that the enquiries are not being redirected elsewhere? Filter can be quite sophisticated so they only divert enquiries and payment advice and let everything else through.
lester1meg

Post by lester1meg »

Could the filters change without me altering anything?
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

Only if someone has managed to get hold of your password and done so deliberately. There have been examples in the past of this happening - it can be very lucrative for scammers - there was a case in the paper only the other day.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

lester1meg wrote:Could the filters change without me altering anything?
I'm afraid to say, yes. But I am talking about Filters that your ISP or mail provider may put into place in the belief that they are protecting you from spammers and scam artists.....

... When in reality they may actually be using computer software, which is notoriously prone to error in order to block genuine emails. In this case, we're discussing emails that were sent by Airbnb's computer and thus may 'look like' the sort of thing that spammers use.

Yup. This is not a joke and I'm not being alarmist. It happens far more frequently than you may think.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

This has happened to us for the past 2 months. Alerted by text or logging into AirBnB. So used to this with HL also.
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
paolo

Post by paolo »

lester1meg wrote:Could the filters change without me altering anything?
newtimber wrote:Only if someone has managed to get hold of your password and done so deliberately. There have been examples in the past of this happening - it can be very lucrative for scammers - there was a case in the paper only the other day.
In fact they don't need your password. Scammers send you emails that look like they are from something official - a bank, a utility, etc. - enticing you to click on something within the email. This action can be enough to direct a bit of code to change the settings in your email program, so that certain emails are redirected without you knowing. For example those from airbnb or any other listing site. This allows the scammer to take bookings from unsuspecting renters who think they are talking to the rental owner.

You should check your email settings often for any forwarding, redirecting or filtering instructions. If emails are being diverted you will see the evidence here.
Paolo
Lay My Hat