Lay My Hat home page Lay My Hat Forum
The forum for holiday rental owners

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Not getting Airbnb enquiries to my personal inbox any more

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lester1meg

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:11 pm    Post subject: Not getting Airbnb enquiries to my personal inbox any more Reply with quote

My Airbnb enquiries used to come to my personal inbox now they don't. I can get to them by going to Airbnb Login and then going to My Listings. I have asked Airbnb for help several times as I've missed enquiries because of this. They have told me to check my personal email address is correct on their system, which it is. I'm also missing the payments advice from Airbnb but I do get the request to review guests and details of Paris get together etc.. Can anybody explain what has happened? I haven't tried to change anything.
Can anybody help?
newtimber

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you checked the filters on your personal email account to make sure that the enquiries are not being redirected elsewhere? Filter can be quite sophisticated so they only divert enquiries and payment advice and let everything else through.
lester1meg

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could the filters change without me altering anything?
newtimber

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only if someone has managed to get hold of your password and done so deliberately. There have been examples in the past of this happening - it can be very lucrative for scammers - there was a case in the paper only the other day.
e-richard

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lester1meg wrote:

I'm afraid to say, yes. But I am talking about Filters that your ISP or mail provider may put into place in the belief that they are protecting you from spammers and scam artists.....

... When in reality they may actually be using computer software, which is notoriously prone to error in order to block genuine emails. In this case, we're discussing emails that were sent by Airbnb's computer and thus may 'look like' the sort of thing that spammers use.

Yup. This is not a joke and I'm not being alarmist. It happens far more frequently than you may think.
apexblue

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has happened to us for the past 2 months. Alerted by text or logging into AirBnB. So used to this with HL also.
paolo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lester1meg wrote:

newtimber wrote:
Only if someone has managed to get hold of your password and done so deliberately. There have been examples in the past of this happening - it can be very lucrative for scammers - there was a case in the paper only the other day.

In fact they don't need your password. Scammers send you emails that look like they are from something official - a bank, a utility, etc. - enticing you to click on something within the email. This action can be enough to direct a bit of code to change the settings in your email program, so that certain emails are redirected without you knowing. For example those from airbnb or any other listing site. This allows the scammer to take bookings from unsuspecting renters who think they are talking to the rental owner.

You should check your email settings often for any forwarding, redirecting or filtering instructions. If emails are being diverted you will see the evidence here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lay My Hat Forum Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: