Selling our Turkish Villa

If you're buying or selling, tell others about it here. Or ask other owners for advice.
Habsie

Selling our Turkish Villa

Post by Habsie »

We built our beloved Villa in the beautiful Southern Turkey, and are now sad to decide to sell to someone who will love it as much as we do.

Life has now diverted us to New Zealand with a new family addition, and hence proving more and more difficult, being so far away, to ensure the high standard we share with our guests is maintained. For this reason we have decided to sell.

Villa Summary:
6 Bed, 6 bath Duplex Villa
Travertine Marble Flooring Throughout
Full A/C and underfloor heating
Purpose built high spec finishes
Private gardens & Salt Water Pool

Designed and project managed by my construction professional husband to a very high standard in 2013. Offers accommodation as either a villa or two separate duplex apartments so can accommodate and is rented to both large and small groups (2 - 12 guests). Ideal as a second home for private use or for year round rentals - the villa has been built with all year round use in mind including under floor heating and fireplaces. Currently rented out as a long stay over winter.

We spent several months over winter staying in the property and loved the peace, serenity, great outdoor lifestyle and friendly locals that made it a wonderful retreat. We love sharing it with guests and it is with great sadness that we cannot be closer to enjoy it more.

Link to property:
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/overseas-pro ... 70683.html

For further details please pm me or contact through the link.

It is with thanks to laymyhat that we have had successful rental seasons, despite recent negative press for the country. (Albeit lurking from afar!)
In the end we only regret the chances we didn't take
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

Some folks don't know the meaning of etiquette.
rammy100

Post by rammy100 »

kevsboredagain wrote:Some folks don't know the meaning of etiquette.
+1

I learnt something from this though - an individual can advertise a property for sale using Rightmove. I had always thought that only agents could advertise there.

It seems to be restricted to the non-UK market though (or at least I can't find a link on the UK site) but it could be useful.
Here we go again........
Marks

Post by Marks »

How lucky to get a free advert here, after all you have been such a great contributor. Needless to say I did not click the link.
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
Gordo

Post by Gordo »

rammy100 wrote:It seems to be restricted to the non-UK market though
The odd small independant UK estate agent will unofficially accept one off private ads for between £50-£100 then pass on enquirers details direct to private vendor (even though it contravenes RM T&C's).

Last time I checked RM were charging agents £550pm for sales only or £850pm for sales/lettings so little wonder some agents will need/try a trick or two to help pay the bills.

Re Turkey my knowledge of geography is not good but I think if I had a place there ATM I'd probably want to go somewhere far away.... maybe NZ ;)

Happiness is a journey not a destination,
So work like you don’t need the money,
Love like you’ve never been hurt,
and Dance like no one’s watching…
Habsie

Post by Habsie »

Sorry if I offended anyone; I believe a great many users of the forum are lurkers, but maybe I'm wrong. Being a 'newbie' to renting out properties, we never felt we had much to add to the many experts. Apologies if this is not the correct 'etiquette' :oops:

The region is perfectly safe and we had a successful 2015 with Brits, Dutch, Germans, French & Turks and Middle Easterns. We aren't an agent and didn't build to make a quick buck, we fell in love with the area over 13 years of visiting and would love to be closer or invent supersonic travel!

Good luck with the upcoming summer season, and drop us a note if you make it to the land of the long white cloud!
In the end we only regret the chances we didn't take
Sanchisimo

Post by Sanchisimo »

Have I missed something here? I thought this section was for people to advertise their place if they were selling. Indeed:

"If you want to buy or sell a holiday rental property, you can advertise yourself here to people who might be interested.

Lay My Hat does not vouch for anything that appears here, so as always - buyer beware!

If you are selling, I suggest you give a link to your website and show lots of pics and info there. "

Personally, just as I can´t resist stopping outside an estate agrents window, I find other holiday houses for sale quite interesting.

Good luck with your sale.
Essar

Post by Essar »

Habsie has been an LMH member for nearly 2-years; so what that they didn't contribute. I also lurked about for a while before venturing into the forum proper. This doesn't mean they can't use the forum facilties when they want to.

Kev, Rammy & Marks you're all great contributors - easy! :shock:
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
paolo

Post by paolo »

In my view you don't have to be a contributor to LMH to advertise your house for sale here, you just have to be its owner.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
pambon

Post by pambon »

paolo wrote:In my view you don't have to be a contributor to LMH to advertise your house for sale here, you just have to be its owner.
:lol:
CSE

Post by CSE »

Etiquette also means saying sorry when you are wrong.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

casasantoestevo wrote:Etiquette also means saying sorry when you are wrong.
Having an opinion about etiquette is not wrong.
CSE

Post by CSE »

kevsboredagain wrote:
casasantoestevo wrote:Etiquette also means saying sorry when you are wrong.
Having an opinion about etiquette is not wrong.
Totally agree But the definition is quite clear.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/etiquette
pambon

Post by pambon »

[quote="Habsie"]Sorry if I offended anyone; Apologies if this is not the correct 'etiquette' :oops: [/quote)

I understood this as an apology for a possible breaching of etiquette.
CSE

Post by CSE »

pambon wrote:
Habsie wrote:Sorry if I offended anyone; Apologies if this is not the correct 'etiquette' :oops: [/quote)

I understood this as an apology for a possible breaching of etiquette.
but I was referring to this comment
paolo wrote:In my view you don't have to be a contributor to LMH to advertise your house for sale here, you just have to be its owner.
Which put the other first few comments relating to the start of this thread on the wrong foot.