Question re. Wufoo forms

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
FelicityA

Question re. Wufoo forms

Post by FelicityA »

re. the Wufoo forms. I may be being dim here but I am understanding that if you want someone to fill in a form online and press 'submit' then they are called a 'user' and you therefore have to pay a pretty hefty amount per year (£459 for 20 users which is not even enough for year round letting so far too much to pay...) in order to be able to have a form which can be completed totally online by multiple users? I had been under the impression I could use Wufoo as a 'press and submit form' for free but perhaps living in cloud cuckoo land....?

Do people on here who don't have businesses justifying this cost use this form merely as a postal or scan-and-email thing? And if so, how do they give access to somebody to print out the blank form or is this not possible?

Deciding this is perhaps not the way forward for me and with the help of youtube I have just managed to make my own fillable form but the tick box needs to be manually ticked so I am back where I started, having to ask them to scan and send.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

No Felicity. You are a "user". Its only very large companies who may have multiple "users".

"Entries" are a count of Submissions. i.e. guest bookings.

So even the very basic version would suit.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
Bunny

Re: Question re. Wufoo forms

Post by Bunny »

FelicityA wrote: Deciding this is perhaps not the way forward for me and with the help of youtube I have just managed to make my own fillable form but the tick box needs to be manually ticked so I am back where I started, having to ask them to scan and send.
Felicity, erichard has answered the question about it being free for up to ten fields on your form, which is what I use. I don't understand why you still want guests to scan and send the form to you. The tick box on my form is to confirm that they have read and understood the T&Cs etc, so I wouldn't want that auto filled in. What do you want to use an auto ticked field for? :?
Essar

Post by Essar »

As Bunny said Wufoo is free for a very limited use. This is sufficient for your needs as a simple booking details form.

You would just need each of the following fields:-
Property name - Dropdown field (only needed if you have more than one)
Guest name - Single line text field
Address - Address field
Guest email address - Email field
Telephone number - Phone field
No. of guests - Number field
Guest names - Paragraph text field
ETA - Date field (format DD/MM/YYYY)
I confirm acceptance of your terms and conditions - Check box field
Message - Paragraph text field

All field except the last should be mandatory.
The submit button is automatically added to the form.

You are the only user; form fillers don't count.
You can view the completed forms in the "Entries" section of the form - you can also make entries here yourself from other information.
Using the Notification section you can get an automatic email when a form is completed; the filer also gets an email copy (you can tailor these quite a bit).
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Thank you all.

I have managed the form. That bit was OK.

It was when I started to look for how the hell anyone would SEE the form and be able to submit that I put the dim glasses on. I just pressed every button on the top and just couldn't find a way to send someone to my form in order to complete it online. I was looking in all the wrong places.

Since reading your answers, I have found the 'how to' section. I must have picked up my husband's habit of not reading instructions but charging headlong....and falling over in the process. Thank you anyway!
Essar

Post by Essar »

On the form menu go along until you reach "Share" - this will open all th possible links that you can use to get the form delivered. As an aside; always use the "Permanent Link" to your form and not the "Short Link" - if you ever change the form title the Short Link will change and anywhere that this is embedded will be rendered useless; whereas the Permanent Link will never change.

Tip: For emailed forms you can "prefill" the fields with data for your guests - personalising them. This is done by extending the email link with the prefilled data. Example: https://essar.wufoo.com/forms/qs8sexs0a ... ield1103=3 The Copse, Tuckton, Bournemouth&field142=7&field1=12/08/2015&field2=12/15/2015&field107=Felicity&field108=Jane Smith&field132=fjs998@gmail.com&field138=United Kingdom&field976=5&field123=5&field1356=0&field124=0&field648=Meet at arrival time&field749=15:00&field144=0&field120=604&field1150=2 Guests&field1151=2 Guests&field1152=1 Guest&field1153=Not required&field145=No&field141=HolidayLettings&field851=Confirm

You add "/def/" at the end and then multiple fields using "fieldnnn=data" to add more fields separate with the "&".
The field numbers (nnn) are derived from your form set up - go to "share" and look for the button top right marked "API Information", there you will see a list of all the fields in your form and the API number to use.
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Great, thank you Essar. Good idea to prefill some things before sending - otherwise you could get them filling in dates that can't be done and that you haven't agreed. Also putting number of people (although my form asks for names of each person so that is sort of covered). I hope I can get my head around all those fields.

I was mystified by how you magically knew all those field numbers until I saw your explanation.

I am good to go once I can get my lawyer (aka husband) to OK my terms and conditions document. He won't let me drop some of the rather overly legal language like calling the guest the Licensee. Paranoid about ending up with someone who won't leave!

Many thanks for that!
NeatandPicky

Wufoo forms

Post by NeatandPicky »

Thanks all for the marvellous tip about Wufoo forms. Absolutely loving them!

Used to have a pdf form which had to be printed, completed, signed, scanned and emailed or posted (then I would scan it for my records). What a faff!

Have now added a 'hidden' website page explaining our terms, with a Wufoo booking form below (inc tick confirmation). Had to fiddle a bit to stay within the 10-item constraint while finding out contact details, flight details and which beds to make up for adults and children, but it looks really professional, and will make life so much easier for both guests and me. On testing I really like the way the info is displayed in the confirmation email. Now I just need a booking, so I can send out a link and actually use it.

Next on the agenda... a Wufoo feedback form!
tavi

Post by tavi »

following with interest..love the free version BUT;

free gets you 100 entries - what are entries? Bookings?

So with 40 or more bookings a year (over my two studios) this would last me a couple years? Then I would need to go to 14.95 $ a month?
COYS

Post by COYS »

I have used JotForm occasionally. Bit of a chore to set up but it's much the same & you can securely integrate payment buttons into it (Stripe, PP etc.)
This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires.
Ben McNevis

Post by Ben McNevis »

tavi wrote:following with interest..love the free version BUT;
I'm belatedly thinking that these kind of forms would make life easier for guests and ourselves, but, it's not really love at first sight, for example:
A TIME field asks for hours, minutes and seconds AM/PM and all I need is the approximate hour so I can only use a single line text field for this
An ADDRESS field is formatted for a USA address so I would need to use a PARAGRAPH field instead (no big deal, but it's nice to have placeholders in there for Country, Postal code)

It leaves me wondering whether Google Forms would be better - I've never used it but I know that it has no usage restrictions. Any opinions?

One thing I will miss from using the "print it out, fill it in and post it to us" kind of form is that I file the forms in date order and that's the last line of defence against double booking.
Cheers, Ben
www . scotland-cottage.com www . scottish-cottage.com

Visiting Glenrothes? It's one of your Fife-a-day
tavi

Post by tavi »

One thing I will miss from using the "print it out, fill it in and post it to us" kind of form is that I file the forms in date order and that's the last line of defence against double booking.

oh. Can't you download and print it? I was assuming you could and I'd certainly want to. I currently use my own forms in the same way - filed in date order, carry them wherever I go, can see at a glance who's in, who's coming etc...
Ben McNevis

Post by Ben McNevis »

I'm sure you can download and print, but I have to overcome my natural laziness! A piece of paper that arrives in the post has to be filed away if only to get it off the kitchen table.
Cheers, Ben
www . scotland-cottage.com www . scottish-cottage.com

Visiting Glenrothes? It's one of your Fife-a-day
Essar

Post by Essar »

Ben McNevis wrote:
tavi wrote:following with interest..love the free version BUT;
I'm belatedly thinking that these kind of forms would make life easier for guests and ourselves, but, it's not really love at first sight, for example:
A TIME field asks for hours, minutes and seconds AM/PM and all I need is the approximate hour so I can only use a single line text field for this
An ADDRESS field is formatted for a USA address so I would need to use a PARAGRAPH field instead (no big deal, but it's nice to have placeholders in there for Country, Postal code)

It leaves me wondering whether Google Forms would be better - I've never used it but I know that it has no usage restrictions. Any opinions?

Although a USA company they have actually thought through the use of the forms around the world.

The time and date fields can be the other way round (DD/MM/YYYY rather than MM/DD/YYYY).

You can get rid of the seconds on the time fields using the format section of a field - in the Add CSS Layout Keywords field enter "hideSeconds" (its case sensitive). You could use a drop down list box with the times in half hour segments covering your arrival times covered.

The address field shows Post Code and region in the formats: State/Province/Region and Zip Code/Post Code, there is no need to use the memo field for addresses.

I have the Bona Fide annual subscription that costs £199 per annum. Its cheaper than a monthly subscription. This gives me unlimited forms, unlimited reports, unlimited fields (there is actually a 150 field limit in any one form). Payment integration and SSL. Plus up to 3000 entires per month (I average 22!). I have forms with integrated payments for PayPal and Stripe, plus automated quotation forms that the guest fills in and it gives them the pricing based upon their criteria (you need payments for this although no payments are processed).

Examples I have done can be seen in the Members Section stickies.

Other things I have included are links back to terms & conditions and check availability before entering dates.

Using rules I automatically only provide fields for guest details based on the number of guests entered; so, for 2 guests they are only asked for 2 sets of information, 4 guests - 4 sets, etc. This also changes on the property selected too so only the maximum number of guests can be filled in for the property maximum. Once you get into it and start using the CSS Layout keywords you can make the form look really good. With fields across the form rather than just vertical.
Essar

Post by Essar »

tavi wrote:One thing I will miss from using the "print it out, fill it in and post it to us" kind of form is that I file the forms in date order and that's the last line of defence against double booking.

oh. Can't you download and print it? I was assuming you could and I'd certainly want to. I currently use my own forms in the same way - filed in date order, carry them wherever I go, can see at a glance who's in, who's coming etc...
You can print out all the entries either individually or as a BULK ACTION list. You can also design your own reports based upo the entries made on forms to support your way of doing things.