Question re. Wufoo forms

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Essar

Post by Essar »

All the forms that I have automatically link to MailChimp, so that all enquires and guest details forms provide updates to my mailing lists without any intervention on my part.
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
tavi

Post by tavi »

thanks essar - very informative.
Ben McNevis

Post by Ben McNevis »

Essar wrote:Although a USA company they have actually thought through the use of the forms around the world.

The time and date fields can be the other way round (DD/MM/YYYY rather than MM/DD/YYYY).

You can get rid of the seconds on the time fields using the format section of a field - in the Add CSS Layout Keywords field enter "hideSeconds" (its case sensitive). You could use a drop down list box with the times in half hour segments covering your arrival times covered.

The address field shows Post Code and region in the formats: State/Province/Region and Zip Code/Post Code, there is no need to use the memo field for addresses.
Thanks, Essar. That makes it a good deal more useable.
Cheers, Ben
www . scotland-cottage.com www . scottish-cottage.com

Visiting Glenrothes? It's one of your Fife-a-day
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Essar wrote: Other things I have included are links back to terms & conditions and check availability before entering dates.

Using rules I automatically only provide fields for guest details based on the number of guests entered; so, for 2 guests they are only asked for 2 sets of information, 4 guests - 4 sets, etc. This also changes on the property selected too so only the maximum number of guests can be filled in for the property maximum. Once you get into it and start using the CSS Layout keywords you can make the form look really good. With fields across the form rather than just vertical.
Are these facilities only available for the subscription model Steve?
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
KathyG

Re: Wufoo forms

Post by KathyG »

NeatandPicky wrote:Thanks all for the marvellous tip about Wufoo forms. Absolutely loving them!

Used to have a pdf form which had to be printed, completed, signed, scanned and emailed or posted (then I would scan it for my records). What a faff!

Next on the agenda... a Wufoo feedback form!
Just tried to post on your 4G comment N&P but it wouldn't let me, then it said your post had been deleted. Not sure what's going on! Anyway this is where I am:

I've just been doing exactly the same this morning! So I now have two forms both half completed, one in Wufoo and one in Google Forms..... I haven't quite cracked the 'sharing' business which I think is how to get it onto the website. Would I be able to have a look at yours by any chance? The feedback form sounds great too, it's so hard to get guests to make the effort isn't it.
Kathy
Essar

Post by Essar »

KathyG wrote:
Essar wrote: Other things I have included are links back to terms & conditions and check availability before entering dates.

Using rules I automatically only provide fields for guest details based on the number of guests entered; so, for 2 guests they are only asked for 2 sets of information, 4 guests - 4 sets, etc. This also changes on the property selected too so only the maximum number of guests can be filled in for the property maximum. Once you get into it and start using the CSS Layout keywords you can make the form look really good. With fields across the form rather than just vertical.
Are these facilities only available for the subscription model Steve?
I don't think it makes any difference whether it's a free or a paid subscription for the formulas to work.

In the field label enter the following:-
Dates and guest numbers - <a href="http://www.bournemouthselfcatering.com/ ... tments.htm" target="”_blank”">check availability</a>.

The "Dates and guest numbers -" is the actual label you want to use and the http bit is the link to your availability or terms and conditions.

It looks like this on the form:-
Dates and guest numbers - Check Availability.

Clicking on the link opens another web page/tab with the appropriate page shown.

I use the paragraph heading fields for these links but you can use enter them in any field label.

On the CSS field click the "?" and it will give you some examples of layout tricks and a link to the full help section with all the layout names to use.
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Steve, just pure brilliance, thank you so much! :D 8) The link bit works perfectly but not the halfRight element. There's no link to the full help section when clicking '?' but I'll go and investigate some more.
Kathy
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

KathyG wrote:Steve, just pure brilliance, thank you so much! :D 8) The link bit works perfectly but not the halfRight element. There's no link to the full help section when clicking '?' but I'll go and investigate some more.
Kathy there is the full 'help' and the very bottom on the screen on a menu. It's very small so hard to spot.

I've never been able to get halfRight to work either.
But other commands have worked fine. :?
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Bunny wrote: Kathy there is the full 'help' and the very bottom on the screen on a menu. It's very small so hard to spot.

I've never been able to get halfRight to work either.
Worked it out Bunny! You have to put leftHalf in the bit you want on the left too (as well as rightHalf on the bit you want on the right) It didn't help that I was putting halfRight instead of rightHalf! :roll:

Thanks for info re Help menu, I'll go and have a look :)
Kathy
La Chouette

Post by La Chouette »

Ben McNevis wrote:
tavi wrote:following with interest..love the free version BUT;
It leaves me wondering whether Google Forms would be better - I've never used it but I know that it has no usage restrictions. Any opinions?
I used to use Google forms on our website for a simple enquiry, but found it a real PIA (although maybe I'd set it up incorrectly :( ) because it would send an email saying I'd received an 'alteration to the form' and I'd have to open up a browser to see what the enquiry i.e. alteration was. I use Jotform now, which is free for quite a few (200 a month?) simple enquiries and it delivers the entire message into your inbox.
Jan
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

KathyG wrote:
Bunny wrote: I've never been able to get halfRight to work either.
Worked it out Bunny! You have to put leftHalf in the bit you want on the left too (as well as rightHalf on the bit you want on the right) It didn't help that I was putting halfRight instead of rightHalf! :roll:
Doh, I never thought of that. It was along time ago that I tried to do it and I can't remember how much of the 'help' I read. If it is not intuitive I give up easily. :wink:
Essar

Post by Essar »

Here's the link to the relevant help page.
NeatandPicky

Jotform.com

Post by NeatandPicky »

Having tried Wufoo, Google and now JotForm, I'm on the latter as it doesn't have so many restrictions.

I found Wufoo the easiest to get everything in a neatly lined up compact form, but I do like a lot of the JotForm features, such as adding a logo and customising the automatic reply.

There are some good little videos on the JotForm site.

The only thing I haven't cracked yet is getting my forms to look perfect on mobiles. They are set on 'responsive'. Tablets are fine, but on mobiles some of the questions end up on top of each other. I tried adding the mobile responsive app, and altering CSS settings to no avail. If you want to start dabbling with CSS, I suggest you make a clone of your form first, so that if you get in a mess you can get back to a clean copy.

To answer KathyG's q about adding form to website:

Wufoo:
Share Form > Embed with JavaScript > Copy Code, then on my PMP site I went to Tools > Insert Source Code or Insert HTML Snippet.

JotForm:
Publish > Embed > Copy Code, then insert as before.
Essar

Re: Jotform.com

Post by Essar »

NeatandPicky wrote:I found Wufoo the easiest to get everything in a neatly lined up compact form, but I do like a lot of the JotForm features, such as adding a logo and customising the automatic reply.
Wufoo:
You can add your own logos - I do - they also provide some interesting ones of their own.
You can also customise the automatic response as well as the email sent to the form fillererinner....(form-filler-inner, the person filling in the form!).
NeatandPicky

Post by NeatandPicky »

Wufoo vs JotForm

I don't think the logos and bespoke replies are possible in the free version of Wufoo. It kept telling me to upgrade when I tried things like that. As you pay, Essar, I can see Wufoo can be customised brilliantly.