New listing site 99p per year!

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
KathyG

New listing site 99p per year!

Post by KathyG »

Couldn't pass up this deal although I don't suppose it'll get anywhere for a while.......

It's only 99p for the next 12 months for the first 50 people and so far there are only about 5 properties on there, and 2 of those are caravans - be quick!

You can only upload 3 photos and it's all pretty basic but you can't complain for 99p!

http://www.classified-holidays.com//prices2.php

Kathy
Last edited by KathyG on Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

I dunno... seems like any listing site that doesn't give France its own entry really doesn't know the market.

I'm skeptical.
Brooke
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

I'm sceptical too Vrooge but I guess it's just because they're just getting off the ground, I'm assuming that France will have it's own category once there are enough properties to warrant it??

I checked out the guy running this site as much as I could, not much info but his own property is listed on another very well known listing site since May this year, not much I know but I was a bit worried about this one and then I really couldn't see any reason not to!

Kathy
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Oops sorry, it's Brooke! And I didn't even spell Vrooje right either did I!!! :oops:

Kathy
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

:) don't worry, vrooje is rather unusual. In fact, I seem to recall a debate on the forum a number of months ago regarding how to pronounce it!
Brooke
Chalky

classified-holidays

Post by Chalky »

I received a spam invitation last week to advertise at .99p, but the site now shows the minimum price as £1.99, despite there apparently being less than 50 advertisers on board. It also shows prices up to £100 per year, but there is nothing to indicate what you get for £1.99 vs what you get for £100. I emailed to find out, but no reply.... :?
Chalky

Chalky

Post by Chalky »

Further to the above, I've now had a reply:
the price will rise slighty each day as the website obtains new advertisers.The add you will recive will be like the ones you can currently see on the website.You compose the add yourself to your personal taste.You may add a link to your website.and writ upto 250 words.
and another:
The prices is now £1.99 .This is a new venture and will put the price up little by little when it suits me untill i reach my final target of £85.00. Paypal were taking 23 pence of the 99.p i originally charged so i put the price up sooner than i wanted to.
If you wish to put an advert on my website be my guest. ( The prices will go up again on the 15 september to £3.99 ).
The featured ad will be on the homepage and will be the first add everyone will see.This will also include a slightly larger picture and better layout.Featured adds are best suited to adverts that have a really good website that it can link too.( Great for luxury and top end market's)
I'm a bit puzzled that he says his final target is £85 when his "normal" price is already £100 :?
Chalky

Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Chalky

Im a bit worried about what a Spam Invitation is. :?:
Will you be eating it ? :?: :shock:
All I can think of is the famous Monty Python Sketch. Spam.Spam.Spam.....etc. :!: :lol:
Chalky

Post by Chalky »

Ros wrote:Hi Chalky

Im a bit worried about what a Spam Invitation is. :?:
Will you be eating it ? :?: :shock:
All I can think of is the famous Monty Python Sketch. Spam.Spam.Spam.....etc. :!: :lol:
Laugh??! I thought I'd never start. Oh well, I suppose you need a different sense of humour to live in Torrevieja 8)
Chalky

Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Chalky,

Youre probably right! :!:

I LIVE in Sunny Norfolk :) [sometimes]not Norfolk sometimes, sunny sometimes, unless you count the times I visit Torrevieja, then i spose it is Norfolk sometimes....... :lol:

Something like that..... :roll:

Ahhh..Boy......You need a sense of humour if you live in Norfolk [its very flat you know[does it count as a sense of humour if you are only laughing on your own] :?: :lol: :lol:

Answers on a postcard......... 8)