Early birds

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Marion

Post by Marion »

I always try to accommodate my guests with their various arrival and departure time and many ask nicely, asking if they could leave their bags anywhere if they cannot gain access immediately and this is what many of them do.

However, I am starting to change my opinion. I seem to be getting more enquiries for early arrival and 'can we access the apartment at 10?' I am particularly annoyed at one person who, because he was taking both apartments asked for a discount. After initially saying no (as actually renting both apartments is usually much harder work as instead of 2x2 it usually means 2x4), I relented and offered a discount, he accepted and then gave me his flight details - arrival at 8:30 am on a Sunday and yes he has asked for immediate access.

Particularly annoying as immediately after accepting his booking, I got another booking and they paid (without asking) for an additional night as their plane was not leaving until 9pm.
No need to go far to shop 'til you drop - just go next door to Chanel. http://rueparadis.monsite.wanadoo.fr/
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Yes - they do try it on bless em!

They seem to feel that as they've booked a late flight (usually cos its much cheaper) you will accomodate them!

This year our guests have been arriving around 2hrs before the house is ready...and have been happy to drop their bags off and walk into the village for a coffee. And the good thing is that they are then leaving very early in the morning for the flight home...thank god for Jet2 and easyjet!!!! Fingers crossed they don't change their flights times next year!

I imagine its a problem if you have a rental property quite away from anywhere and they turn up early in a taxi - just expecting you to let them in!?

I don't think people really understand the blind panic on changeover days!!!!

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

I don't think people really understand the blind panic on changeover days!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep!...But don't you just love the adrenalin rush each changeover?? (NOT!) :lol: :lol:
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Oooo - crystal.......you need to read my new thread about my latest changeover!
I feel I am 'una mujer en el borde de una interrupción nerviosa'!!!!!!!!!!

thank god I have only 1 more changeover to go!!!! :P

Mouse
x
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Ros said
until the lady who did the cleaning explained that she had a lifequite
What is 'a lifequite'...is it a medication of some sort?
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Crystal

Youre only jealous because you havent got one.! :!:

They come in all sizes and are available in Carrefour.
If you havent got a store near you,
They are available by mail order ,send me seven squillion quid and I will send one to you by return of post. :evil:

Regards
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

I've got a Carrefour near me...so what is it?? :lol:
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Crystal

Carrefour is a very Large supermarket chain.
Their shops are Large buildings and sell food,clothes, electrical equipment etc. The one near us has girls on roller skates going from till to till.
But Dont ask about customer service :( :evil:

If you still dont know what it is, try going inside & looking .

If I can help in any other way please ask :lol:

Regards
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

[quote="Mouse

thank god I have only 1 more changeover to go!!!! :P

Mouse
x[/quote]

Hi Mouse,
Was this the last changeover you were mentioning?
If so good for you . :) You deserve the rest.
If not how did you manage to paint the wall & clean the house in time for your next guests .Im impressed! :o

Regards
Vally

Post by Vally »

I really don't think they realise what is involved in a change over ...Many years ago just as I was foolish enough to get involved with the hotel business.!! Chris and I went down to visit his mum, we were up here and we went on the sleeper train arriving in London at 7am and then driving to Worthing by about 9.30, too early for hospital visiting so we went to the hotel to see if we could get our room ...probably about 10am... they were very kind and sat us down with coffee but of course ..I know now ..the previous occupants were probably still there let alone having the room cleaned .. I was very upset as we had to wait about 2 hours.. I hang my head in shame at the admission ..but I didn't know any better at the time
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

hi Ros

no sadly it wasn't the one just gone - it is the one this saturday. The next guests are only a couple (who have some friends visiting for a few days) and they're here for 2 weeks. I love couples - they are so easy to deal with and no 'after shock' on changeover day.
They leave nice and early on the saturday and then...yippee!!....we get possesion of the house again! :D

I often comment to my husband that 'holiday-world' is a bit like West World (that film with Yul Brynner). They go to bed and everything gets put back in place in time for them waking up. If you saw the cleaning crews in San Antonio/Ibiza Town in the early hours sweeping, hosing down and removing litter - you'd think it was!

Same on changeover day - in 4 hours you achieve a miracle....a villa that looks like its untouched by guests! :lol: God knows how I managed to fit in painting the walls. Thankfully the previous guests left at 8am so I had a couple of extra hours! I wouldn't recommend the smell of paint before you've had breakfast though!

Mouse
x