Advice - I may be losing my perspective!

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
cromercrabholiday

Post by cromercrabholiday »

Gascony Goat wrote:
Someone on another thread suggested that you send the contents of your guest manual to your guests together with the confirmation of receipt of balance, map etc. I think this is an extremely good idea, and have started to do so: I suspect people are more inclined to take helpful advice/hints on board when they can read it at their leisure before their arrival (more enjoyable in a sense as it helps them feel the holiday is imminent) - then when they get there and see the property, it all makes sense and they can organise and orientate themselves more quickly. It doesn't solve everything, but goes some way towards helping eg finding the tumble drier and freezer!
Yup, that's what we do. I suspect they leave the notes at home!

John
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

That doesn't matter if they've read them - the manual (hard copy) will be there at the property for them to refresh their memories anyway - yes?
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
cromercrabholiday

Post by cromercrabholiday »

Gascony Goat wrote:That doesn't matter if they've read them - the manual (hard copy) will be there at the property for them to refresh their memories anyway - yes?
Yes, there is a copy in the file on the table in the kitchen when they arrive, together with a very mediocre bottle of wine.

John
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Partridge said
Makes you laugh doesn't it. I did have a guest once who said there was no cheese grater, never mind the expensive stuff eh ? but of course there is a cheese grater now.
Partridge...you must have had the same family as we did (guests from hell..antics on another thread!)...but we now have a cheese grater in our kitchen drawer!
A-two

Post by A-two »

Well, of course, as everybody knows, it's impossible to cook anything without a cheese grater and bottle of red wine, so in those dire circumstances, oh dear, we'll just have to make the best of it and eat out every night at that cute little corner restaurant which is receiving all the rave reviews........:wink: Methinks the lady doth protest too much... :)

P.S: we send out an inventory of house contents as a PDF document shortly before arrival with a note to say that we don't list every small item, but it will give them an idea of what they can expect to find in the house on arrival. If there's anything they need that they don't see on the list, to let us know and we'll confirm whether or not it's there, and if not, we'll see what we can do. Works for us.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi All, :D

We had a comment written once that our knives & forks didnt work???????.
Paula[our lady that does] was also rung in the middle of the night from someone staying in another persons rental,to say that the corkscrew was broken and could she bring another one round....but then again I would consider that a REAL emergency...Hic... :wink: :roll: :lol: