WebhostingUK email problems

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
Hells Bells

WebhostingUK email problems

Post by Hells Bells »

I've had problems for several days now with email being bounced back when being sent from Gmail via WHUK servers. There is a known issue with the bouncebacks and they say it will be resolved within an hour, but it has been happening for several days.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Hmmmm - I hit a problem with WHUK a while back - emails from my own domain were being bounced. Apparently the WHUK server that they passed through had been blacklisted because of a lot of spam traffic. They said the offending user had been removed, but once the server is on a blacklist it can be a while before it's seen as clean - I think it was getting on for 48 hours!

I wonder if there's anything that would make WHUK more prone to problems than other hosts?
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I had other problems with PIMS emails a while back which I rectified by just sending through PIMs. It was just affecting sent emails, but I don't seem to be able to send them at the moment either.