FB have removed the share button for business pages?

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
tavi

FB have removed the share button for business pages?

Post by tavi »

Looks like you can now only share (other) business page stuff from your personal profile.

Which means they've removed a useful networking tool for local businesses to promote each other and to keep tourists up to date.

Great.

:evil:
Essar

Post by Essar »

With all the changes lately I have totally given up on fb and deleted my business pages; complete and utter pointless site for business.
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Yesterday I spent ages hunting for a share button on our local community shop's new page as I wanted to feature it on my cottage page but they don't seem to have one.

Would just copying the url achieve the same end? I wonder, as a way round, when there is a share button, if you share on your own page can you then share that comment ( or whatever) to your business page and the original page goes with it?

Is the share button automatically on a business page as default or do you have to activate something?
tavi

Post by tavi »

Felicity, every business page automatically had a share button on all of its posts, afaik, for both its "business" fans and its "people" fans.

I know because yesterday, as my apartment's page, I shared some posts and photos from local businesses...as I often do. (edit - maybe the day before yesterday!)

Now the same businesses are posting stuff but my apartment can only like or comment - not share.

If I view the same updates from my personal page I can like, comment and share. But I don't want to do it from my personal page.

Looks like you might be able to put it as a link into your status update. :?
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

You can share a post from your personal page to your business page, tavi - click on the 'share' button (not 'share now' which doesn't give you the choice, but the second button down) and you can select whether you want to share to your personal or your business page.
tavi

Post by tavi »

French Cricket wrote:You can share a post from your personal page to your business page, tavi - click on the 'share' button (not 'share now' which doesn't give you the choice, but the second button down) and you can select whether you want to share to your personal or your business page.
yup, FC, thanks.

But I preferred sharing as my business page, partly for my own privacy and also to encourage reciprocal sharing etc, amongst my apartment's local "business friends".
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Sorry, I wasn't clear - what I meant to say is that if you follow the steps I've so inelegantly tried to describe you can choose whether to share a post AS your business instead of your personal page. If you do a trial run you'll see what I mean!
tavi

Post by tavi »

I've just shared Visitalgarve's latest post by copy-pasting the Url into my status........as Felicity suggested.

I'll go and check out your suggestion now FC.
tavi

Post by tavi »

You're absolutely right FC - now that's new.....previously if you shared something from your personal page, you were tagged.

Now I've just got to get my latest photos to upload upright!!

Thanks.
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Glad it worked for you, tavi, but it's only what I've been doing for years - nothing new there for me :wink:
tavi

Post by tavi »

French Cricket wrote:Glad it worked for you, tavi, but it's only what I've been doing for years - nothing new there for me :wink:

:shock: :?: :?

strange - I've never seen that option from my personal page. usually of course I'm viewing the local business from my business page....I've liked them so their stuff appears in my timeline and its easy to share.......or it was.

8)
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

If anyone else is unclear how to share, using a mobile or tablet:

From your personal profile, click share on the post
Click Write Post
At the top it states Your Timeline and below, Tap To Change
Click Tap To Change
Scroll to your business page and click it
Now when you post, you're sharing as your business, not your profile.

I'd long given up on using the newsfeed in my business page timeline, as facebook never gave me the relevant posts. At least this way you can operate as yourself and your business at the same time, easily swapping between the two.

This option has been around for a long time.
tavi

Post by tavi »

Nemo wrote:
I'd long given up on using the newsfeed in my business page timeline, as facebook never gave me the relevant posts.
I've noticed recently that all the business pages I've liked needed me to go and click on show all notifications.....again.