Sending PM's

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
teba18

Sending PM's

Post by teba18 »

I've had a private message from someone and would like to reply but I'm not sure how to do it! On the message there's an option to 'post reply' but that doesn't sound like a PM to me - more like a post on the open forum. Can anyone please help? (Know I'm probably being a bit thick!)
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

No, don't be frightened, post reply sends it only to the person who sent it to you! I think I remember that thought running through my head the first time I did it. Also, it takes a time to appear in the sent box so be prepared for that.
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

FelicityA wrote: Also, it takes a time to appear in the sent box so be prepared for that.
It only appears in the Sent Box when the recipient has opened it! Perhaps there should be a "In Limbo" Box for sent but not opened messages :lol: :lol:
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!
Essar

Post by Essar »

PW in Polemi wrote:
FelicityA wrote: Also, it takes a time to appear in the sent box so be prepared for that.
It only appears in the Sent Box when the recipient has opened it! Perhaps there should be a "In Limbo" Box for sent but not opened messages :lol: :lol:
Nice one :lol: :lol:
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

PW in Polemi wrote:Perhaps there should be a "In Limbo" Box for sent but not opened messages :lol: :lol:
Jest not, there is such a container. Its called the Outbox, and PMs sit there until they are read and go into the SentBox :D
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
paolo

Post by paolo »

And in fact, while a PM is in the Outbox and unread, the sender can change their mind and delete or edit it. So very occasionally someone will get a PM notification and find no PM waiting. It was probably a proposal of marriage, followed by cold feet.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
teba18

Post by teba18 »

Thanks everyone!