Please review my webpage again.

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
florence99

Please review my webpage again.

Post by florence99 »

I think is much better now
http://www.sosuarentals.com/
halcyon999

Post by halcyon999 »

Hi - found it a little difficult to scroll through that information, maybe Titles or Headings for major paragraphs would help visitors to digest your content?

HTH,
Darren.
Halcyon Holiday Cottages in Hampshire

Please feel free to review the site above!
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Some of the more tec folks round these parts may have a better idea, but I think the stuff at the top of your home page.

ie.......Sosua vacation villas+++Vacation homes Dominican Republic+++ Dominican Republic villas rentals+++Dominican Republic vacation rentals+++Beach villas Dominican Republic+++Beach rentals Dominican Republic+++Weekly vacation rentals Dominican Republic+++Condo rentals Sosua+++Guest houses in Sosua+++

Might penalise you with the likes of Google etc
Cheers
PC
Canaryvilla

Post by Canaryvilla »

Nice to see that you have changed the title.

Found that the pickture link with photobucket distracted me away from what you site was saying. The pixelation found anoying
Eileen2

Post by Eileen2 »

I too found the photobucket photos annoying. If you must have them perhaps it would be less distracting if the photos changed a little slower.

People love bulletin lists they are so much easier to read. Maybe to add variety to your front page text you could replace the text with the villa facilities to something like this...

All vacation apartments and villas have;

:internet access
:color TV with cable (80 channels)
:a stereo
:individually controlled air conditioning,
:hot and cold water
:maid service
:a selection of literature.
:The kitchens are complete with full size refrigerator/freezer, cooktop, microwave-oven, coffeemaker, toaster, blender, all cooking utensils, glassware, cutlery, silverware

I could not get the bulletin feature to work on this message so I have replaced it with a colon for the example.
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

As everyone knows, I don't have a clue about websites other than from a punters point of view so here's my humble opinion.
Alot of the pictures are not very good quality, don't understand why you have a 'view' to get a bigger picture but if you click on the picture you still get a bigger one anyway, so why bother. There is way too much going on to hold my interest. The picture bucket could be a good feature but quality is poor and my head beginning to ache, so again just a really good quality photo would be better. Lots of 'Why....?' going on, again too busy.
Sorry, feel bad but that's honestly how I feel. :oops:
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi,

I agree that the photos were a bit distracting .

When you said that that it is aimed more at the Adult market Why is this, wouldnt this put prospective families off.
Or would you rather have the Adult market.

Weve been to Sosua about 5 times[last time about 4 yrs ago] and the beach is lovely, shelving and safe for kids so its not that Im sure.Also there was some great watersports.

It can be a bit lively though with the market stalls etc

We stayed at the CasaMarina Beach just round the corner
This beach definitley isnt suited to kids as there is a strong undercurrent
but we whiled away many a long afternoon with a glass ot 2 in the Jacuzzi overlooking the sea.

Its a lovely area with lovely views

Good Luck with your website.
Steve

nice but too much ....

Post by Steve »

Is the website to get more bookings or just as a personal statement on how wonderful your place is? :D ... and the picture of you ... why? It looks a lovely place and certainly you have lovely properties, but I lost interest halfway through, this is just a personal point of view of course and everything is subjective. But if the reason you have a website is to increase your turnover ... then cut out some of the pics (sorry).
Steve
Onward and upward!
Gus

Post by Gus »

There is a maxim in the graphic design industry which is that you never hear a person coming out of a shop saying "I would have bought that packet of washing powder if it had not been for the use of the font Helvetica".

So as a typographic designer (tho' not a web designer) I am wary of pontificating about other people's use of type.

But here goes...

Why the use of centred typography? Would not type ranged left have been easier to read?

Why use a font (typeface as we used to call them when the world was young) that is all bold? Why not choose a striking font (that word again) and just use the bold version of it for occasional emphasis?

Whilst I like the rural charm of the logo and the enthusiasm with which the site has been written I find the design bitty and would like to see the text and photos more integrated. Maybe this is hard when there are several languages.

On the one hand I can't imagine that the homemade quality of this site will really put anybody off - the holidays look interesting and there is an engaging sincerity but I believe that good looking communications that are easy to read will sell better.

A typography anorak writes:
The expression 'font' used to denote a typeface, dates back to the days of hot metal type when the molten lead was held in a small crucible called font (as in baptismal font) before the lead was poured into the moulds that created the lead letterforms when cooled. It may be that the lead was poured into several related families of typefaces at the same time as 'font' also meant the related weights of a typeface (light, bold, italics etc.).
Eileen2

Post by Eileen2 »

Apologies for going slightly off subject here.

Gus,

I enjoyed your post and found what you had to say so interesting that I glanced at your previous posts to see if I could glean further useful information.

Did you get around to creating your website? If so I'd love to see it, perhaps to 'borrow' :oops: some ideas.
florence99

Thanks Gus

Post by florence99 »

Gus, your input was very helpful and constructiv.

.....the comments from steve I cannot follow
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi All...OOh ERR.....
.....the comments from steve I cannot follow
Ditto from me for gus :? ....It really sounded interesting though.... :wink: :roll: :lol:
Steve

Fonts!

Post by Steve »

Gus ... interesting information about the word "font"; not heard that before! When I was an apprentice compositor (when the world WAS indeed young) back in the early 60's the word listed on the founders typecase was "fount" (Granby, Gill, Cheltenham, Univers etc ....)

The American influence with Atex systems, CSI and Hastech did I hear "fount" change to "font". This was of course with the advent of computer typesetting and digital output with the universal PostScript page description language which is now the de facto output standard! My old Linotype Model 4 even had the old names for type sizes listed ... Ruby, Diamond, Non-pul ... of course Pica is the only one still used in the trade and that is dying out as well. Time passes!
Steve
Onward and upward!
Sallys Chateau

website

Post by Sallys Chateau »

A little birdie told me that you should never advertise your blog on your website, rather pull people to your website via your original and witty blog. Having said that I peeked at your blog, bit too commercial, the pics were a lot nicer though and more appealing than the ones on website. Good Luck.