Jim Watson

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
RebelEmC

Jim Watson

Post by RebelEmC »

Received today, this guy goes to some length but doesn't quite get it right.

Hello,

My colleague Maisie Morton passed me your contact details. I understand you have a property for rent. Maisie told me that he spent a beautiful vacation there last year and i was wandering if you have available for two weeks in June or September.
We are a three family group of 6 adults and 2 children.Any last minute discounts?

I have read some comments about your place and also i have seen that you have good feedback, this is good for our mind but i have seen also that one guest posted: Good accommodation but location is very unsafe

You can see that on http://tripadvisor.co.uk/id-property/238445507

I kindly ask you to explain because i really wish book with you but i wish stay on a safe area!!
Anyway, on May i will be there with some business and i shall be delighted to view it if this is not a problem for you.

Look forward to hearing from you.
Regards
Jim Watson
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

Careful posting those links.

What you've pasted is not the malicious link in your email but the text you see in your email (hope that makes sense). The text is just fake and leads to no property but the link you will have received in the email is malicious and will take you somewhere else, where you may be asked to login to Tripadvisor.
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

That is a sophisticated attempt and rather risky from the scammers as anything that isn't correct will immediately raise questions in your mind as to whether its a genuine enquiry. If the facts are correct that a lot of work has gone into it!
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

Dusty wrote:That is a sophisticated attempt and rather risky from the scammers as anything that isn't correct will immediately raise questions in your mind as to whether its a genuine enquiry. If the facts are correct that a lot of work has gone into it!
It's all just made up and the link in the original email is a phishing attempt. I've had a few almost identical in the last few weeks too.