In Need of Bookings. No idea which strategy to follow!!

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

Thank you LaderaCottage. I didn't know that till now. I have checked out that list through the OD dashboard and it explains all.

What is posted on TrustPilot about OD is just an accurate reflection of what we so often hear on this forum. I am going to predict that by this time next year Owners Direct will be history!
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

Essar wrote: Some maybe a bit blunt and say the things you may not want to hear, but they will say to help not to criticise.
Did someone call?

I've been doing this for a few years now and these sites still have me confused with who owns what and where you advert is shared. Just when you think you've figured it out something seems to change.
Essar

Post by Essar »

kevsboredagain wrote:
Essar wrote: Some maybe a bit blunt and say the things you may not want to hear, but they will say to help not to criticise.
Did someone call?

I've been doing this for a few years now and these sites still have me confused with who owns what and where you advert is shared. Just when you think you've figured it out something seems to change.
Yup, that's progress for you!
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
Casanosa

Post by Casanosa »

I completely agree with kevsboredagain. Having your own website is really important as well, you can generate a lot of traffic that way. The web gives you the opportunity to explain really well everything in your house, allows you to connect with social media and offer direct prices to the guests without passing through one of this web that charge commissions on each and every booking.
Take a look to my website, maybe you can get some ideas. I did it myself, if you're interested in doing one by your self and can direct you to a free tutorial on youtube.
Find a home away from home!
www.casanosa.es
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

Welcome to LMH Casonosa. Have you seen what happens to your website on a smartphone?
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Casanosa wrote: Take a look to my website, maybe you can get some ideas. I did it myself, if you're interested in doing one by your self and can
"Discover the Coast of Death - welcome to the end of the world" is not really lighting my holidaymaker fire :P

Welcome to LMH Casanosa - looking forward to hearing more from you :)
CSE

Post by CSE »

Casscat wrote: "Discover the Coast of Death - welcome to the end of the world" is not really lighting my holidaymaker fire :P

But that is what it is called the Costa Morte:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Costa_da_Morte
Perhaps the best bit of the Galician coast.
The end of the world is because of another famous land mark here in Galicia. Fisterra or Finistère (in France) and Lands End (in England). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fisterra
Unlike the English Lands End it has not been turned into a Disneyland sort of attraction.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

casasantoestevo wrote: But that is what it is called the Costa Morte.
I do know that actually, but I was merely saying that is not the most upbeat intro to a web page that it's possible to imagine, unless you are the Addams Family :roll:
salmoncottage

Post by salmoncottage »

One way tickets only required............... :cry:
'Oh, I do like to be beside the seaside'
CSE

Post by CSE »

is not really lighting my holidaymaker fire
That one comment did not come across like that that you knew what you are writing about.
Besides there is not a question for a review in the post by Casanosa.
I have to say that Casanosa's website is in several languages and for that the more power to them. At least these owners are trying to get international clientele.
Casanosa

Post by Casanosa »

Casscat wrote:
Casanosa wrote: Take a look to my website, maybe you can get some ideas. I did it myself, if you're interested in doing one by your self and can
"Discover the Coast of Death - welcome to the end of the world" is not really lighting my holidaymaker fire :P

Hi Casscat, i understand what you're trying to say and Costa da Morte is certainly not such a popular name as it can be Costa del Sol. The thing is that i can not change the name, but in my humble opinion i find it even more attractive than others or at least more exotic (not in the Adams family way), don't you think?. Not only that, a lot of people feel attracted when they read it and want to know more about it. Casasantoestevo let good link in wikipedia to those who are interested in learning more about it.

The end of the world is more specific to Fisterra's town. Finis Terrae, in latin means the end of the earth and this is like that since the days of the Romans, wich thought the Finisterre's cape was the most western point of the known world.

Oh yeah, thanks for the welcome Casscat!
www.casanosa.es
Casanosa

Post by Casanosa »

casasantoestevo wrote:
is not really lighting my holidaymaker fire
That one comment did not come across like that that you knew what you are writing about.
Besides there is not a question for a review in the post by Casanosa.
I have to say that Casanosa's website is in several languages and for that the more power to them. At least these owners are trying to get international clientele.
Hi casasantoestevo,

thanks for visiting our web and the comment. We also took a look at your's and now we are one more of your FB followers.

Thumbs up!
www.casanosa.es
CSE

Post by CSE »

Thank you I am about to go out with the guests to help them out because they have no Spanish.
I will be on Face Book later this this evening.
Personally we would use the Costa da Morte one because that is the name of the area and two it would help with the SEO of your website.
Maybe you could do the same as us. We not translate Ribeira Sacra, but we do explain the history of the name to our web page visitors.
Last edited by CSE on Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Casanosa

Post by Casanosa »

kevsboredagain wrote:Welcome to LMH Casonosa. Have you seen what happens to your website on a smartphone?
Hi Kevsboredagain,

and thank you for the welcome. Concerning your question, is it something wrong when you try to take a look to the web? Nobody reported me anything and by my side i have no problems at all when viewing it on my phone...

I also took a look to your website: www.samoensalpineholiday.com and i must say that is quite impressive, i'd liked a lot.
www.casanosa.es
sunshine2016

Post by sunshine2016 »

Hi, your house looks lovely. I have never heard of the area before but it does look beautiful. I can´t understand why you don´t have more bookings.