It's the little things.....

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Enid

Happy birthday to you, Squashed tomatoes & stew etc.

Have a great Day Rosx

Im going to A Murder & Mystery night tonight, not sure what that means but what the heck its got to be done!!!
enid

Post by enid »

Kevin found this in the gite today - I'll reproduce spelling and all - a great birfday present:

To the Next person to come I have writ this Note to tell you that its a wonderful place alway be happy were ever you go. because every second makes a tinkle to me. and Enid is one of the nicest person and Kevin is to so good bye show Enid and Kevin please promis you will

love from

Sarah

:D
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Enid What a lovely note. :D

I hope you reproduce it somewhere in your customer comments or similar.

Weve all had bad days when people really irritate us, :x but isnt it strange that the slightest bit of consideration or appreciateness[not sure thats a word but it is now]
Lifts our spirits. :lol:
Have a lovely birthday :P , are you doing anything special :?:
[dont mention laundry itll still be there tomorrow unfortunately]
As Im getting older[violins] Im learning to relish the good times & forget the hassle[well allright, nearly] :roll:
This is one of the good times, so relish it!!! :!:
enid

Post by enid »

Just writing this before going to the theatre - we have an amazing theatre in a small village near us that has very professional shows with artists shipped down from Paris. Tonight it is 'les Idoles' a musical so K and I will be singing along to hits from the 50s and 60s then a meal and a cabaret. 9 of us - all French except us - I don't know if after this I'll ever be recovered enough to iron again!!!!!
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

Happy Birthday. Hope you have a great evening.
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Have a fab time :lol: :lol:

www.thepetitmanoir.com
enid

Post by enid »

It's 2.24 a.m. and just winding down from our evening - it was FANTASTIC - a musical, a meal and a cabaret all for 44 euros a head and what a professional show. The singing , dancing and sketches were great - and they sang happy birthday to me ! My Mum and Dad were wonderful people and I had a great childhood but they never did anything very special for birthdays and so I feel I am having all my childhood birthdays now and I love it. Then waiting was yet another e mail from guests from last year wanting to book for 2007 - what a lovely day. Back to reality tomorrow ( whoops that's today) :D
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Glad you had a great time Enid. :D

Can I just say you dont look a day older. :lol:
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Enid.....You could still see straight and type at 2.24am?!!! :lol: :wink: :lol: :lol:
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Many happy (belated) returns Enid!!! :D

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! And wasn't that lovely note the icing on the cake?

I'm a virgo too! And my husband has just told me he's taking me on a 3 day break to a wonderful 5*hotel for my birthday next week (6th Sept). I can't wait...its our first holiday in 4 years (too busy working hard and saving to buy the house).

Mouse (who gets a day off from cleaning duties on weds!)
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
enid

Post by enid »

Enid.....You could still see straight and type at 2.24am?!!
Apparently so - was out with French people so didn't have too much to drink - less but better quality wine !!!
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Sorry Ros - didn't get back to you!
Mouse
SIX count them, 6 are you serious
yes six! 2 flights upto the bedrooms, then 2 flights upto the roof terrace.......and another 2 flight connecting the apartment to the villa! Not as grand as it sounds though...just a combination of high ceilings and stairs having to wind around a turret.
You must be as thin as a rake & have thighs to die for
Oh .... if only!!!! Though it is a good way to lose weight and exercise! :wink:

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Apparently so - was out with French people so didn't have too much to drink - less but better quality wine !!!
Funny isn't it? Around here in the countryside it is unheard of for a man to drive to any evening events, their wives' do all the chauffering around. I feel very awkward drinking anymore than an aperitif and a couple of small glasses of wine in the company of my French female friends, whereas the men have pastis, numerous bottles of red and often finish with eau de vie. We went out last week to an event in the village with friends and I ended up leaving early at 1am, my OH staggered back at 5am. Very chauvanistic compared to the UK!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Susan

Dont know how we would manage as I dont drive![Im quite good at drinking though] :P

Luckily my husband has never been bothered about drinking much[he even volunteers to pick people up & drop them off every New Years eve party!]

So we are quite a good team! :lol:
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Ros ..I love your signature! Between the two I'd rather have a bottle (of wine) too!!