It's the little things.....

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Mouse

It's the little things.....

Post by Mouse »

that make me happy.....I went round to top up the pool today and noticed that our present guests have used their initiative and put a bath mat down for the children to walk over so they dry their feet off before going into the villa. :)

Mouse (who is in the middle of an ongoing dispute over the charges I had to deduct from the last guests :roll: )
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

It's so lovely, isn't it when you feel guests are appreciative :)
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Had a phone call this evening from guests staying at the villa wanting to extend their holiday for 2 more nights! As it happens we don't have a booking in the villa next week and maintenance work was scheduled for tomorrow (Saturday) morning..i.e. some outdoor painting at the rear of the villa....but they were still happy to go ahead with their extended stay.

It's guests like these that make it all worthwhile!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Mouse

That was good Its funny what cheers us up. :D

They sound like caring renters,
But also as I see it caring parents as wet feet, Tiled Floors & running children are not a good [or safe] combination.

Maybe the 2 go hand in hand. :P
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Good point Ros!

They are very good parents. I must admit to being worried as I took the booking...it was 4 adults and 4 children.
When they arrived last saturday the children were 18mths, 2, 6, & 7. After the previous weeks shinanigins with the 'friends' of our guests kids,plus their teenagers my heart dropped. However - I have seen the light! They were wonderful. The kids had their parents attention all the time - so no screaming - and were put to bed promptly unless they went into the village to eat. And.....although they arrived with 2 large boxes of crayons :( everywhere was perfect when I cleaned on weds.

I am now about to wave them goodbye and then do my last changeaover this year!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

Mouse (tripping out with a lightness of step and a smile!)
x
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Mouse

Thats a nice picture "a mouse tripping with lightness of step". :D

When you say its your last changeover, does that mean that you dont take bookings after a certain time of the year,or it just that the bookings have dried up?
Do you take winter lets[Ros being nosey] :?:
[Theyre ought to ne a nosey emotion this will have to do]

Make sure you dont trip up :!:
- Cue Music offstage.

"A mouse lived in a Windmill in old Amsterdam. A Windmill with a mouse in......... A little mouse with clogs on - well I declare! Going trip, tripadee ,trip on the stair. Oh Yeah!!!!"

With apologies to all music[and mouse] lovers everywhere. :oops:
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Hi Ros

the villa we rent out is our home. It also has an apartment (or casita if you want to be grand!) which we move into when its rented. So we only rent out the house to get enough income to pay a lump sum off the mortgage and make the payments for another year.

Having said that - the rental season is quite short here (June - mid-October) and very much runs inline with the budget flights. Once they stop, the demand drops off. However the amount you can charge for a weeks rental in a villa makes Ibiza a good place to earn a very good income.

Also this year I found a flight on the 17/9 for £5 for my in-laws (they then found a £10 return flight!) so they arrive for 5 wks the day after our last guests leave!
It was the perfect excuse not to rent past mid sept.
As we have already got a booking for October 07, next year will be a long one rentalwise as its pointless moving back into the house and then out of it again. But perhaps I won't start renting until mid June - then it gives us a chance to enjoy the pool!

BTW - the villa is spotless! God bless those people! My cleaners are in raptures as they have a particularly busy day today.

Mouse
x
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Thanks Mouse

See it pays to be nosey... .I didnt even have to get the thumbscrews out.
Enjoy your Rest !!!

By the way have you got stairs[and clogs]
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

six flights of stairs!!!! No clogs but I have some snazzy scholls with little strawberries on them!?

Mouse (who wished she lived in a one storey house at times!)
x
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Mouse
SIX count them, 6 are you serious . :?: :!:

You must be as thin as a rake & have thighs to die for :twisted:

I still like you though :D

ps .Dont the strawberries drop of your Scholls everytime you run upstairs :?:

pps .reading an earlier entry. Arent Mice supposed to run away from Cats[not the other way around!!!!]
Glad hes back safely :lol:

Ah well ,enough of this banter I better get dressed.!
Vally

Post by Vally »

What a joy the thought of the end of the season it , we only run the hotel May -September ...very busy this weekend ( Royal Braemar Gathering) and then its Bye bye hoardes of people until next year...have got bookings in September but easy peasy ones ....Cottages still available and booked but they are no trouble
Ju

Post by Ju »

I know what you mean about the end of season. I am enjoying my first ever changeover day without actually doing any cleaning. outr babysitter has moved away, so we got extra help with the cleaning and I am on childcare duty -which involves sitting round the pool in the morning, a couple of hours of cooking, and then more sitting around the pool! I could get used to this. :D

Ju
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Yes, we've just had our last big changeover (all the gites, full to capacity) and although we have bookings to the end of October, the gites won't be full so there won't be all the laundry to do either! The weather forecast is looking a lot brighter too, at last! I do enjoy September.
enid

Post by enid »

We just had one gite to prepare for today - the other is booked from Tuesday for 8 days (outside of July and August we accept different start/finish days). Then number 1 is finished and number 2 has 2 more weeks in Sept and then just the first week of Oct - then the laundry pile will decrease enormously!! It's my birthday today so Kevin did the gite change and I had breakfast in bed and then a long bath - how lovely is that?!!!!
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Many Happy Returns Enid!!

What a lovely start to your day..hope the rest of today is great too!