Posting Keys

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
sunny by nature

Posting Keys

Post by sunny by nature »

In the post office today - doing my weekly posting out of keys - when the assistant advised that they should be sent special delivery rather than just recorded delivery. The reason being that if you are sending a package which contains keys, and the address of the property or directions to the property are inside the package, then special delivery is the much safer option.

Just thought I would let you know - although it may be a clever marketing ploy to get an extra £3.00 a time out of me!
it's life Jim but not as we know it
A-two

Post by A-two »

It would be safer and cheaper to send the keys separately from the address and directions to the property...just a thought :)
Last edited by A-two on Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

We send the directions by email and only the keys get posted by recorded delivery. We've been doing that for 3 years now with only one set of keys getting lost, tracked and returned to us.
Marion

Post by Marion »

Before moving to France I always used to send out keys. It was very successful with only one set being posted back to me getting lost. I would never put the address with the keys and always sent the details out by e-mail.

Even now when I meet people at the airport, the envelope with the welcome notes, maps and keys does not contain the address. Works quite well, except for once when they managed to find the street but forgot the number.
No need to go far to shop 'til you drop - just go next door to Chanel. http://rueparadis.monsite.wanadoo.fr/
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Thanks for this I always send the keys & Info together[with address] but recorded but I might have to rethink. :?:

Mind you I get people getting lost even with the address & a map[they will turn left when youve said right that sort of thing]

Food for thought :!:
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

P.S.

Sunny, What I cant quite understand is why the lady at the post office said special delivery is safer than recorded. :shock:
I thought Special Delivery meant it was delivered before 12 the next day as well as being recorded[and more expensive] but I dont see how that would be safer.
[youd just know it was missing quicker when it hadnt turned up] If you know what I mean?[not sure I do now] :(