Anyone got any ideas?

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Paul Carmel

Anyone got any ideas?

Post by Paul Carmel »

Hi all,

Every year without fail we have shifted the middle two weeks of September, but this year not a nibble (10th till 24th ) and it's our only remaining weeks left. We are doing adwords and all the last minute offers you can imagine, including a mailout to old and new guests. I don't want to do ebay as in my own opinion I think it cheapens the whole thing. We are prepared to give a huge discount for these weeks, so if any of you want a cheap end of summer break or know of someone who does, send them our way, or alternatively if you know a good last minute site then please let us know............seems a shame as this is one of our favorite times of year here!!
Cheers
PC
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

It's probably a bit late now, but I would have tried a classified ad in the Saturday or Sunday telegraph to try and shift it (around £70, a risk, but nice class of customer!)
I can't think of much else but Ebay now - or could you put a last minute special deal on any of your listing sites? (Most, like H-R seem to have the facility now, although some charge).
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Our ebay guests were lovely. They've left a gift for our friend Mel, and the place was left spotless despite two small children (2 and 5) to sort out befroe they left at 11.
A-two

Post by A-two »

Craig's list. Never used it myself, but it's free and has huge exposure. Also, FWIW, I think eBay only cheapens the place if it's presented with a cheap ad style, screaming neon discount banners etc.. However, if the seller uses a very elegant template, gorgeous photos and understated text, I see no reason for it not to present as a quality property.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Joanna

Elegant Template, Gorgeous Photos, Understated Text. :D

Sounds a Great Place. Can I book 2 weeks :wink:

Serously though you have a great "turn of phrase"

Regards
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Paul, I have sent your website address to a couple of newylweds who live in France and are looking for a holiday at that time - they said they'd get in touch, so that might be a possibility. Hope so, but good luck whatever happens!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
nichthewood

Post by nichthewood »

Hi
I have to add my bit. We run an e-bay advertisement all the time. We have in the 2 months had 2 guest from this site. I can honestly say they are the best guests we have had. They paid on time, arrived and left on time, cleaned up properly, no breakages and the children in both parties were the best behaved of all our guests. It is true , you don't know who you are getting, but who does, and with e-bays feedback at least you can read a bit about them before you say YES you can come. I reckon that over the last 2 months i have had 500 visits to my web site through the e-bay ad. Cheap at about £60 i think.

nich the wood
A-two

Post by A-two »

Ros wrote:Serously though you have a great "turn of phrase"
Thank you for the compliment Ros, that made my day!

Joanna

(who does not have a birthday treat any time soon .... :( )
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Im Glad , Joanna :lol:

but [seriously] though couldnt you have corrected the spellng mistake,
wot I wrote from Ros :oops: