Kitchen tea & hand towels

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Post by Sam V »

Pound store and Lidl are great for microfibre cloths. They wash well and if/when they start to look less new I then put them in our own cleaning cloth basket
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

Bunny wrote:Brand new j cloth and scourer sponge for every let. I reuse them for dirty jobs and then throw them away.
Exactly the same here. A roll of J cloth is very cheap and it looks so much nicer to leave brand new for each guest.
waterwitch

Post by waterwitch »

I leave a cupboard full of tea-towels to help themselves, a roll of J cloths and a clean sponge.

Paper kitchen towels are banned - if we find any in the houses on changeover day they get taken away. The sickening horror of blocked drains due to guest's using kitchen roll as toilet paper has never left me! Apparently it is the most common culprit for household sewer disasters!
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

waterwitch wrote:I leave a cupboard full of tea-towels to help themselves, a roll of J cloths and a clean sponge.

Paper kitchen towels are banned - if we find any in the houses on changeover day they get taken away. The sickening horror of blocked drains due to guest's using kitchen roll as toilet paper has never left me! Apparently it is the most common culprit for household sewer disasters!
We've recently opened our cesspit and found huge blue incontinence sheet pads inside. It's a miracle it didn't block our drains. Whilst I'm grateful that the said guest protected my bed, just what were they thinking of in flushing them down the toilet!
I'm just amazed at the actions of some people.