worldsurface.com

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
natural

seen the light

Post by natural »

Hola.

Sorry to have not responded to earlier help that you all gave

had a busy few weeks with guests down here in Grazalema. All from slow trav. Still nothing from Hl or PP or CS

Of course we were not upset by previous comments. Only see helpfull people here.

Spent the spare time building our own listing website. it's almost finished but needs testing soon.

Hasta pronto
natural

update on the do it yourself listing web site

Post by natural »

Hello all,

I wrote an email to lay my hat administration recently to ask if it was OK to write an update to this thread.

I haven't had a reply so please feel free to edit or delete it if it does not fall within the rules of the board.

In one of my posts in this thread I jokingly mentioned that I might create a listing site just to advertise me on.

have a read through the thread again and then have a look at wildsideholidays.com

Any one who feels they suit they ethics of the site can register. but I am not posting this as a blatant advertisement (I've seen you guys deal with that kind of thing in other threads lately...Ouch!).

Thanks all

Clive
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

I've seen you guys deal with that kind of thing in other threads lately...Ouch!).
Whatever do you mean :roll: :lol:
Garri

Post by Garri »

have a read through the thread again and then have a look at wildsideholidays.com
Good stuff Clive!

There's some interesting places you've got there, particularly the log cabins near El Hacho (but isn't El Hacho in Gaucin? Or are there others?)

Anyway, we're always looking for interesting ideas and look forward to perusing your site in more detail ;-)
marcus

Post by marcus »

Nice idea Clive, our place isn't wild enough but good luck with your project

It makes me very happy to see niche sites like holidaypad, wildsideholidays, and of course yourholidaymatters, because I certainly hope that is the future of the industry - a very refreshing change from the major listing sites.

Someone who sent us an inquiry yesterday complained that they had looked through 100's if not 1000's of properties first, and were sick of the whole thing, so anything that helps narrow the choice in a valuable way has, I think, a good chance of success

Good luck to all of us!
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

marcus wrote:Someone who sent us an inquiry yesterday complained that they had looked through 100's if not 1000's of properties first, and were sick of the whole thing, so anything that helps narrow the choice in a valuable way has, I think, a good chance of success Good luck to all of us!
Never a truer word were said Marcus! All power to our knees!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Never a truer word were said Marcus! All power to our knees!
_
Hear, Hear, Gasc[and dont forget youve got 4 of em :wink: ]
Garri

Post by Garri »

Someone who sent us an inquiry yesterday complained that they had looked through 100's if not 1000's of properties first, and were sick of the whole thing, so anything that helps narrow the choice in a valuable way has, I think, a good chance of success

Interesting! You can add them to the growing list of people I know who think exactly the same thing.

We have something up our sleeve at HP to help these people, and indeed owners, but it's some way off I'm afraid as our main concern is building an audience for HP.

Thanks for the kinds words Marcus, appreciated :D
natural

so can we have our own topic in listing sites?

Post by natural »

Hello all,

Thank you for your kind comments.

And thank you admin for allowing my post.

I was wondering if wildsideholidays can have its own topic heading at lay my hat?

(Instead of it being in the worldsurface thread).

Clive
Garri

Post by Garri »

Clive, now that would be considered advertising ;-)

What you need to do, and this is based on observation of really smart new rental listing site owners, is pretend to be unconnected and start a thread saying: has anyone heard of x site? they look great and they're offering free trial.

Then, spend the next few pages of the thread protesting your innocence, that you have nothing to do with the site in question and that you were only trying to do everyone a favour by alerting them to a really great new listings site.

If you're smart enough, you could string it out for at least 3 pages ;-)
Last edited by Garri on Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Garri you forgot to mention that anyone doing that and expecting to come out of it unscathed has to have a very thick hide!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
natural

Post by natural »

Hello all,

Absolutely no way am I doing that. Like I said I've seen you guys in action.

I have just spent the last couple of months learning (or trying to lean) the concept of mysql databases, php and "strict" html.....

My head is spinning and I am in no condition to defend myself from being caught out....

:shock:

Clive
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

My head is spinning and I am in no condition to defend myself from being caught out....
Probably best not then :wink: :roll: :)
Lesblancs

Post by Lesblancs »

I must admit I do enjoy it when someone tries it on :oops: Trouble is they are becoming so predictable, so I often hang back to let someone else have some fun.

I suppose I'm a bit sad really. 8) :shock:

Robert
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

I suppose I'm a bit sad really.
Nah Robert :shock: ........Predictable.... but not sad :wink: :roll: :lol:

ps How are my posts coming along Im so busy posting that I havent has a chance to check..[theres another one]

What was our bet BTW :roll: