16th century house in World Heritage City

If you're buying or selling, tell others about it here. Or ask other owners for advice.
Aldo

16th century house in World Heritage City

Post by Aldo »

Valletta is set to be the European City of Culture in two years' time. I'm selling our established business, a boutique holiday rental in a house that has stood for almost as long as the city itself. I'm sorry to let go of our established business - 10 years ago I started with it - but there are pastures new here in the UK (I want to build on my design business). If you wish to have a look at the details here and, if you quite fancy this place in the centre of the Mediterranean to be yours - contact me for the prospectus. You'll also find the accommodation website below.
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

Aldo,
I've always loved your place! I'd buy it myself if only it were three bedrooms! All the best; I'm sure it will sell quickly.
Aldo

Post by Aldo »

Oh Musetta,

The secret to my success is the niche my holiday rentals are in - one bedroom places for couples - romantic, independent along with the history element. There are plenty of 3 bedroomed places on the island but this niche is still young. It's also excellent for retired couples (who tend to be more interested in architecture and history) who's children have flown the nest and who are after the independence that a place with its own entrance can give you. Oh, and it's sunny and 19°C today (mid-February) as compared to 7°C here in London. :D
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

Totally agree! (I, selfishly, just need more bedrooms for my own family ;-)!) it's a perfect niche for someone!
Aldo

Post by Aldo »

The sale went through. Yippie! I did it without an agency since most local agencies were clueless to selling a business as opposed to a property. They also offered considerably less than what I thought it worth. I advertised it through international business selling websites but in the end, it was a much cheaper listing on a local website (local to the business) that actually got me the buyer.

I was glad it was a couple who I felt have the enthusiasm to keep it a success. It was my baby and I want it to succeed. Have invested considerable time in filling them in but I was happy to do so.

May it bring them the happiness it brought me, without the frustrations that normally come with a holiday rental.

The current low value of the pound came in handy since I sold in Euros. Let's hope the pound now picks up...
annedab

Post by annedab »

Congratulations! I always enjoy looking at your FB posts. Best of luck with whatever the future holds.
Regards

Anne

If there's no such thing as co-incidence, then why is there a word for it?
Martha

Post by Martha »

Ah your place was always on my list! It's so beautiful. I'm glad the sale was successful for you and wish you lots of luck in the future :)
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix