Facebook Likes

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
FelicityA

Facebook Likes

Post by FelicityA »

Just keeping up with the last four requests on the 'post your facebook page....." for likes, and 'liked' them.

However, is there somewhere on your own page where you can see who exactly liked you? Do you have to post or message in order for someone to know where that extra like came from?

One week someone 'unliked' me..... :shock: :shock: :( :(
tavi

Post by tavi »

can't you see who liked you in your "notifications" (top right hand side) ?

Someone unliked me too......happens to the best of us...lol. :)

I do wonder if it's FB's own adjustments.
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

They've made it ridiculously complicated - it used to be a single-click, but you now have to click Settings (top right of your page), then click People and Other Pages, about halfway down the list on the left hand side of the page. That will list all the people who've liked your page.

Notifications will give you the most recent likes but not the list.
hobbo

Re: Facebook Likes

Post by hobbo »

FelicityA wrote:Just keeping up with the last four requests on the 'post your facebook page....." for likes, and 'liked' them.

However, is there somewhere on your own page where you can see who exactly liked you? Do you have to post or message in order for someone to know where that extra like came from?

Remember the like will be from their personal FB account not their 'business' page, I added my villas FB page to the list this morning and included my 1st name so others can possibly make the connection ... not sure if that's needed..?
I have a very responsible position, if anything goes wrong I'm responsible ..
www.villa-in-kalkan.co.uk
kevsboredagain

Re: Facebook Likes

Post by kevsboredagain »

FelicityA wrote:
I've unliked a few properties of owners (not you) who come on here purely for a like and then vanish, never to be heard of again.
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Yes, me too.
arkvilla
Location: Highgate Park, Florida (the Villa) we live in Essex, UK

Post by arkvilla »

tavi wrote:can't you see who liked you in your "notifications" (top right hand side) ?

Lots of people have unliked my page over time, I think they either leave Facebook or deactivate their account or don't realise they can turn of notifications

Sandra
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

tavi wrote:

I feel better now :) :) :)
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

FelicityA wrote:
tavi wrote:

I feel better now :) :) :)
We too have experienced a few unlikes since creating our FB page and have found that burning an effigy of the treacherous in a ritualistic ceremony helps to alieviate some of the betrayal.

Not that we take it personally or anything. :)
Cassis

Post by Cassis »

ChrisP wrote: We too have experienced a few unlikes since creating our FB page and have found that burning an effigy of the treacherous in a ritualistic ceremony helps to alieviate some of the betrayal.

Not that we take it personally or anything. :)
Of course not - but let the buggers burn in hell. :twisted:

I was wondering, though ... is there any point in this mutual "liking" of each others' Pages? I just wonder if there's any value in it when you can be almost certain there's no further interaction or interest after the initial "Like". :?
Real name Phil
Moved to France in 2004
Likes ducks, nature, gardening, furniture restoration, DIY, rugby, blah, blah.
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

I don't think there is, Cassis - and in fact I opted out of the game of automatic mutual liking a while back. These days I only like other pages if I have something in common with them or if I think I might want to interact with them in some way.

As a FB page host I have to say that I've no interest just in making up the numbers - I'd sooner just grow my likes organically from people who find us (or LMHers where we share some kind of connection, of course!). Sorry, but life's too short :wink:
Cassis

Post by Cassis »

Yes, well, you're the exception that proves the rule where I'm concerned - I do like and comment on your stuff from time to time! :lol:
Real name Phil
Moved to France in 2004
Likes ducks, nature, gardening, furniture restoration, DIY, rugby, blah, blah.
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Ditto 8)
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

I don't mind giving a new FB page a like to help get it started. It's kind of embarrassing to make a page and have hardly any likes.

However, I don't see the point of mutual likes after you actually become established. If you already have lots of like then why bother to come fishing for more false likes? Is it only to fuel ego as it has no practical purpose if those people have no real interest in the page?
anya752000

Post by anya752000 »

I admit to still not really understanding likes.
I use my facebook page to share photographs and information on the local area and as such it's really useful for guests that are due to come on holiday to Pembrokeshire or just want to keep in touch but like other posters I don't see how generating likes just to boost numbers is useful.

Though maybe I wouldn't say that if I had thousands of likes instead of a few hundred :D