Currency transfer from Australia?

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
FelicityA

Currency transfer from Australia?

Post by FelicityA »

What is the best currency transfer service operating from Australia to England? Does anyone know, please? I think a lot of the big names, like Transferwise don't operate out of there? It is a better option than PayPal for me as then there is no fee added on at the receiving end. The Australian banks charge an arm and a leg, as I recall and then often the receiving fee is inflated as they use an intermediary bank, claiming to have a 'special relationship' for which my bank, aka me, has to pay.
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Transferwise do now process transfers from Australian dollars to sterling, Felicity, though they do ask the sender to supply a copy of an ID document. https://transferwise.com/help/article/1 ... ingfromAUD

Up to now I've always used Paypal for Aussie and NZ guests - the fees are higher (5.2% plus 25 centimes, if I remember rightly) but much much less than bank transfers, for the reasons you've cited.
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Oh thanks, FC. That's great that Transferwise have expanded. I couldn't be more pleased with them and the people who sent were delighted to have found them - so quick and so simple! I wonder though if people will baulk at sending ID to them :(
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Yes, I've wondered that - but only one Aussie guest here this year and she paid via Paypal (it was before TW expanded the countries they serve) so I've not yet tested it ...