Car Rental

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Big Sis..

Car Rental

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi
I wonder if any other forum users have got recommendations on car rental weve always used[and recommended] carjet.
as weve found them the most reasonable and quite efficient

Recently though weve had a bit of hassle . Long queues at Alicante, bit of a dispute about damage to a spare wheel -that sort of thing. :cry:

I wondered if anyone else has got another car rental firm to recommend that is available in Alicante & Murcia airports
Maybe one with a loyalty scheme as we use hire cars about 6 times a year.

I noticed that reddevil has carjet listed on his website[great site by the way] maybe he could comment :?: I wonder if he has had any problems with them.

I keep looking at other car websites but most seem a lot more expensive. :cry:
Can you help :?:
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Ros - Whenever I've had to work in Alicante the company has always hired through SOLMAR. They seem to be very good (so far) but I don't know what the prices are like as I don't pay!?

I know what you mean about queues at the car hire counters - its a nightmare. Sometimes you find it difficult to get through the queues to get out of the airport!!!!! They really should move them.

I'm always thankful when I'm only working in the city and don't have to have a car.

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Thanks for that Mouse

We have used Solmar as well but through carjet[which is usually cheaper than going direct]They were fine :)
I know that seems strange but its true I think they book so many cars that they get a great deal from the carrenting companies.

We had Europa, Solmar, Centuara,etc.

Europa has been the worst for queueing ,we waited about an hour[the queue was up the slope going back to the airport.People must have been there for about 3+ hrs if they had waited.] People, trolleys, cases, kids.As you say blocking the exit--must be a fire risk. :!:

Luckily we hadnt prepaid[never do] just prebooked so in the end I hadnt our rental details to another desk that had no queues and they matched the price wed been quoted.
We didnt have any comeback from carjet either.

Im a bit worried about you saying that the queues should be moved. Were are you suggesting theyre moved to. :?: :?: Hopefully still in the vicinity of the airport,dont want to walk tooo far :wink: :lol:

Actually your right Im surprised the airport dont do something about it :!:

And why dont you pay :?: :?: [we really must get a jealous emoticon Id use it a lot.]

Jealous of Gorleston :!:
roxytoo

car hire

Post by roxytoo »

We always used carjet in the past but got fed up being stung for a full tank of petrol, sometimes 60 euros! So now we use email-car-hire.com and we are always directed to record, they are intially more expensive but you don't pay for the tank of petrol, you bring it back as you got it. Because they are more pricy you don't get the queues! Only other slight grievience is the 150euros deposit you leave on your card for 'full' insurance(you do have a choice and its to cover loss of keys, undercarriage, filling with the wrong petrol etc) as no matter what carjet and the others say I don't think you are fully insured. We get over that now by paying an insurance of 49 euros per year which covers all that, if you go a lot like we do its worth it, if anyone wants the details of that they can pm me!
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

We recommend Helle Hollis on our website. Many of our guests have used them and all their cars are new. We have actually visited their depot in Malaga Airport and have been very impressed with their safety checks and cleaning.

Our guests also get a 15% discount if they book with them. This is done via the 'Homeowners Discount Club'...basically once you register with them, you are given a special reference which friends, family and guests can use. Once the booking has been confirmed (by guests) i.e. a deposit has been received, we send the reference number in the 'Info Package' via email. In turn you also benefit as you get awarded 'points' and can get free car hire.

There are many cheaper car hire companies in Fuengirola, but cheap does not necessarily mean good safe cars and service!

We have used them many times for family and friends and have had no problems, they also refund any unused petrol.

(BTW..this recommendation is only from our experience in dealing with Helle Hollis in Malaga Airport and Fuengirola).