Molly Lamb via Holidaylettings/Tripadvisor

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
AngloDutch

Molly Lamb via Holidaylettings/Tripadvisor

Post by AngloDutch »

Received the following enquiry through Tripadvisor late last night (it is showing at our dashboard):
Hello,

Would you please tell me if there some availability for the second week till last from Jully 2016.
Looking forward hearing from you. Also you can contact me directly at: mollylamb80 @ outlook . com ,so I can replay to you from my Iphone?

Best regards,
Molly
Replied with a quote saying that we are unable to correspond outside the Tripadvisor system and that if she would like our emails to go to her iphone then to please enquire again using the above mentioned Outlook address!
AngloDutch

Post by AngloDutch »

Just received the exact same enquiry again through the TA dashboard. I have now declined it and marked as SPAM.
How much time we waste on these people, signing into dashboards, replying, etc. As 'she' wanted me to contact her directly to her email address, I have now done so, using a throwaway email address. This is what I sent...

DEAR FRIEND ,

I AM IN NEED OF YOUR ASSISTANCE. MY NAME IS MELIA KELLER I AM IN 3RD BN. (AIRBORNE), 509TH INF. OF US FORCES IN BAGDAD IRAQI I HAVE ($5.5MILLION US DOLLARS) THAT I SUCCESSFULLY MOVED OUT OF THE COUNTRY THROUGH DIPLOMATIC DISPATCH. I NEED A GOOD PARTNER SOMEONE I CAN TRUST. IT IS OIL BUSINESS MONEY WE DID WITH IRAQI CITIZENS WORTH OF ($55MILLION US DOLLARS, THE $5.5 MILLION) STATED IS MY PART ON THE BUSINESS AND ITS LEGAL. I MOVE THE FUND OUT OF IRAQ AS A FAMILY TREASURE. I HAVE MADE ARRANGEMENTS TO MOVE IT THROUGH DIPLOMATIC DISPATCH, TO SEND IT TO YOUR HOUSE DIRECTLY .

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS THAT IF WE CAN BUILD UP TRUST ON EACH OTHER? ONCE THE FUNDS GET TO YOU, YOU TAKE YOUR 25% OUT AND KEEP MY OWN 75%. YOUR OWN PART OF THIS DEAL IS TO FIND A SAFE PLACE WHERE THE FUNDS CAN BE SENT TO FOR INVESTMENT . MY OWN PART IS SENDING IT TO YOU. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED I WILL FURNISH YOU WITH MORE DETAILS. BUT THE WHOLE PROCESS IS SIMPLE AND WE MUST KEEP A LOW PROFILE AT ALL TIMES. I LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR REPLY AND CO-OPERATION, AND I THANK YOU IN ADVANCE AS I ANTICIPATE YOUR CO-OPERATION WAITING FOR YOUR URGENT RESPONSE.

GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY, IN GOD WE TRUST! REGARDS, MS. MELIA KELLER.