Review Welcome on my Avvertisement

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Morristhedog

Review Welcome on my Avvertisement

Post by Morristhedog »

I used just Owners Direct Last year, but have now also started with Brittany Ferries. I would like to try more companies, but they must be ones where I am in charge of my property and the lettings, and indeed the finances. I had enrolled with TripAdvisor but withdrew since they were holding all funds until after the guess arrived. I felt this to be very unfair. I am seeking other outlets for my ad at the moment if anyone has recommendations.
I would appreciate any comments on my ad that people might make. I think proof reading is important.

https://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/accommodation/p8155859
A dreamer is one who can only find his way home by moonlight.
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

A couple of points and they are just my opinion:

(1) I can't say I like your heading: "Riverside Character Watermill Conversion Tucked Away At The End Of A Rustic Lane". It looks as if you are trying to cram in too much information. I would suggest something like: "Historic watermill conversion of great character and charm". However, most definitely mention the riverside location and the country (not "rustic") lane at or near the beginning of your description. They come across as good selling points.

(2) What a fantastic place! Why isn't that photo your lead (thumbnail) picture? The lead photo of a swimming pool just doesn't do your property justice. It doesn't encourage me to take a closer look at what you are offering. In fact I would probably skip over it and look at the other properties on the list.
Morristhedog

Post by Morristhedog »

Thank you so much Andrew for your considerations.

I will change the heading, I have to say you are right, it is too long. I had wanted to mention the rustic lane. I suppose that part could go in the description. We have no passing traffic except horses and walkers. Motorised vehicles are not allowed over the stone bridge in front of the house.

Do you think the picture of the house is better than the pool? I only put the pool on as the lead pic because most others seem to.

That picture of the property is a bit old. I have since installed a stainless steel guard rail up the slope and round the balcony, but haven't got a nice photo of it. I will attempt an update.

Thank you so much for your response.
tavi

Post by tavi »

I agree with Andrew that you'd be better putting the house as your lead photo - especially as everyone else will be showing pools.

As the title sentence I'd be inclined to say "Historic Riverside Watermill with pool and wifi" (historic suggests to me character and charm so you don't need those words - on the other hand, you do need to tell your guests about the pool and wifi early on as presumably you'll be selling to families)

Your guests don't need to see the pool until they've clicked.

Just try scrolling down the search results for your area...if everyone shows a pool and sleeps 6, you need something to make people click on your property. Then you have the opportunity to grab and hold their attention by really selling your USP's - riverside, peace, walks woodland (whatever, - sorry I haven't read right through).

Sorry, am rambling a little. In haste.

One other thing I'd do is use the second para to focus a little more on the what's fab about the house and its immediate surroundings...rather than describe the local towns.

Hope that's helpful.
Morristhedog

Post by Morristhedog »

Thank you so much for your trouble in replying.

Yes I see what you mean about the second paragraph. I went back to look, but in fact this is due to the way the site allow the details to be submitted. They set the order of paragraphs, and the number of characters per paragraph, so it is how they think it should be arranged.
Later on they allow a paragraph on how fab the property is!

Morristhedog
tavi

Post by tavi »

Morristhedog wrote:Thank you so much for your trouble in replying.

Yes I see what you mean about the second paragraph. I went back to look, but in fact this is due to the way the site allow the details to be submitted. They set the order of paragraphs, and the number of characters per paragraph, so it is how they think it should be arranged.
Later on they allow a paragraph on how fab the property is!

Morristhedog
yup Morris, OD do tell you to describe the area at that point(I'm on OD myself) but when I looked at how the description appears to the public I decided that, as guests presumably already know something about the area , they need to know what's special about my property...immediately! Not after clicking on "more details" or "Facilities".

So I decided to do it my way not OD's way.
:lol:

Just my thoughts - others might not agree.
Morristhedog

Post by Morristhedog »

Owners Direct don't allow us many characters to work with. I have just started with Brittany Ferries, and they are much tighter on their limits. I do agree with your sentiments however!

I am looking for other outlets also at the moment.

Thanks for coming back to me.

Morristhedog.