Airbnb & others 'fined' by Valencia Tourism Authority

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
Marks

Post by Marks »

I took mine into the Alicante office, job done in 10 minutes.
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
costa-brava

Post by costa-brava »

Great that it was so easy Marks. It is still amazing how many people are unaware (or don't care) about needing the license number in their adverts.
There was some discussion earlier about how to put your number into HL. Here is the page of my town in OD. You will see that one property shows the number prominently. Of course that's clever clogs. But the key point is that you don't need to wait till the listing site gets into line. It is the owner that has the prime responsibility.
https://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/search/s ... 2016-09-10
Everybody needs to show their number.
Marks

Post by Marks »

Quite agree CBR.

This is from Spain-Holiday this morning:

"....at one time, it will be necessary to publish the license numbers in all adverts of the Valencian Community and adverts without the license numbers need to be taken offline...."
costa-brava

Post by costa-brava »

They're coming to take you away! Ha Ha!
It is serious. Everybody needs to do it. But I think everybody is hibernating.
You've tried Marks. If they don't listen......
Gordo

Post by Gordo »

Marks wrote:I took mine into the Alicante office, job done in 10 minutes.
Thanks Marks... nothing like a bit of progress. Couple of questions (4 actually) just to make sure if you don't mind :wink:

1. Is this address you went to (off SH website)?

Registro del Servicio Territorial de Turismo - Alicante
C/ Churruca, 29 - 03003 Alacant

2. Just turn up and hand it in, no appointment needed?

3. I notice pages 2, 4, 6 & 8 are duplicates of 1, 3, 5 & 7 (although each pair is numbered differently i.e 1/2 & 2/2). Pages 7 & 8 are for multiple properties so looks like owner of a single property just needs to fill out 1-6. Am I close?

4. Section B (pages 3+4) re habitation license...
I'm reading it as if you can choose to either tick the box to say it's attached, or else if you don't physically have it you can get away with ticking the box underneath it instead (En su defecto, declara que dispone de ellas / By default, hereby declares that I have it) so you're effectively saying you can produce it if need be.... what do you reckon?

For anyone that hasn't had a close look at the form, everything is duplicated in Castilian + Catalan so I replaced the Catalan bits with English to get a flavour for what they're asking for.

Happiness is a journey not a destination,
So work like you don’t need the money,
Love like you’ve never been hurt,
and Dance like no one’s watching…
Marks

Post by Marks »

Hi Gordo

Yes that's the address I went to. The building is on the corner with Calle Reyes Catolicos: https://goo.gl/wqD0v9

No appointment booked I just asked at the enquiry desk and was directed to the third floor (I think) where I was pointed to the right desk. The guy there was very helpful and issued the licence straight away. He doesn't speak English but if you get stuck they will rustle up someone who does but just handing over the form will be enough I reckon.

If you save the application form PDF to your PC/laptop etc you can type into the boxes and it populates the duplicate pages. Pages 7 & 8 are for multiple properties so no need to print those out. You can't save an electronic copy though.

Spot on with the habitation certificate. If you have it then all well and good you won't have to produce it in the future.

Good luck :wink:
Gordo

Post by Gordo »

Cheers Marks, much appreciated :)

Gordo

Post by Gordo »

Finally got my registration number!

Sorted it back in April and just as Marks said it was all done and dusted in less than 10 mins in the Alicante office (thanks again for your help Marks).

As they posted out the confirmation to the spanish address though I only physically got the number last week.

Question to all - where's the best/correct place to put the number on HA / HL adverts?

Thanks in anticipation.
Marks

Post by Marks »

On HL there is a field for tourist licence numbers in 'property details'. On HA I have just put the licence number at the top of the property description.

If you list with SH email them a copy of the licence and they will input the number for you.
costa-brava

Post by costa-brava »

I have just skimmed this thread so apologies if the question has already been answered.
But Spain-holiday does not have a box to fill in with your licence number. You have to send it to the admin people and they add it for you. This is to stop people just using someone else's number.