Long term booking for 2 Adults 2 kids & 2 Dogs

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Big Sis..

Long term booking for 2 Adults 2 kids & 2 Dogs

Post by Big Sis.. »

Would anyone consider a Long Term Booking 2-6 months for someone who is hoping to relocate to Spain Costa Blanca ideally] 8)

Apparently the dogs are well behaved and dont sleep higher than a rug?
But the children arent!![only joking but its what Ive been told!!!] :D

Please let me know on the forum or pm me if you would prefer!
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

Ros,

I would consider it, but you need to bear in mind that just because a dog doesn't go on the furniture, doesn't mean it won't make a mess.

We have a great dane, who is very well behaved. The breed isn't supposed to moult, but tell that to my hoover! His fur gets everywhere, but worse than that is the 'gob' (sorry it's the best way I can think to describe it :oops:) Don't ask me why, but it gets everywhere, and is hard to get out of fabrics (and Gordon isn't a particulary "gobby" dog).

If you do go ahead, I would make sure uhave covers on everything and a clause to ask the guests to pay for any damage.
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
www.piedmont-holidays.com
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

We take our dog to our apartment, and she doesn't go on the furnture when we're there. We know she does when we're out though, as the hair on the throw gives it away. She doesn't 'gob' though. I always said she'd be sent back if she drooled.She does have a tendency to lick things though.
I agree that there should be a larger damage deposit and a final cleaning fee. It does take me a while to clean up after ours when we leave. I have to send them all out for a very loong walk,and then put her straight in the car on her return.
As our place is in a resort mainly visited by French, I have allowed dogs to come and stay, but charge an extra 30 euros for them. NO-one so far has brought theirs though.

:)
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Sorry but the title of the post reminded me of the song Billy Connelly used to sing - (to the tune of "one man went to mow")

Three men frae Carntyne and a bottle of wine and five Woodbine
And a big black Greyhound dog named Bob
Went to join the parish... :lol:

p.s re dogs drool. I love Tom Hanks but feel sick when I see the dog drool in Turner & Hooch, blurgh.... They couldn't have paid me enough to do that film.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Sorry I think i confused you :oops:

The enquiry was made to me from someone who saw my houses on the internet.
I said NO :cry: [Im booked anyway but dont take dogs[even ,"well behaved ones",]
The details that I put where what were sent to me,
just wondered if someone would be interested. :roll:

If you are let me know and I will send the details to you by pm :o
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Oh, sorry Ros, I can't take long term bookings over the winter, It's my peak season!!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Thats ok Helen :D

I think it would be a long walk from yours to the costa blanca anyway :lol:

Can I stress this isnt for me ,or a friend of mine ,or anyone I know :!: :roll:
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Oops that will teach me to read the whole thread!!!
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Carole-Anne,

We have a great dane too! A 10 month-old puppy, weighing 113 pounds. He doesn't shed as much as our friends' german shepherd, but there's plenty of short, black hairs for the vacuum!

Oh, and the drool, I know exactly what you mean. About a dozen small towels have been dedicated for this purpose -- we keep one in every room. A wipe-down has become standard after every trip to the water bowl.

I would not want to allow a dog for a long let. Not a big dog for obvious reasons, but not a small dog, either. In my (perhaps limited) experience, the smaller dogs are often the ones who behave badly. So I wouldn't even allow one, and the inquiry you got seems to imply that there are at least two dogs!
Brooke
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

My puppy will be 8 on Christmas day. He's getting on a bit now but still acts as if he's 10 months old.

We had to make sure he would be obedient (after all he's bigger than me!) and I agree smaller dogs seem generally to be less well behaved. Gordon is blue, which is always a talking point.
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

As I dont own dogs. Can you let me know when a puupy becomes a dog. :!: :?

Is 8 quite old for a puppy or is it a bit like kids theyre always your baby, whatever the age. :?: :D
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

He will always be my puppy! :lol:
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Ah, blue is my favorite Dane color! Unfortunately, all the blues in Atlas' litter were too hyperactive for us to want to take home. I wanted a blue female, hubby wanted a black male, but in the end, it came down to which puppy chose us with his behavior and temperament.

Ros, as to when puppyhood ends, it depends on the breed. From what we hear, Danes often don't come out of adolescence until they're over 2 years old. I'd think that if a dog is at least three years old, it's probably technically an adult, no matter what breed it is.

Though I agree, I have a feeling that to their owners, they're always puppies. :)
Brooke