Providing Towels / Linen halfway through rental

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
ianthy

Post by ianthy »

+2 Bessie
We do a full clean and change of bedding and towels. We are not at the luxury end but it's expected in Italian villa holidays. Plus it gives our property manager a chance to 'eyeball' the place.
Zur Alten Weinkelter

Post by Zur Alten Weinkelter »

We do a change of bedding /towels etc after 7 nights free of charge
however we have had guests asking for new towels before the 7 nights ( thinking they are in a hotel with housekeeping service )
so i have also complied a price list for a towels change if they request them ( at a charge to cover laundry service and wear & tear ) this is only for a towel swap and not housekeeping
..... and it is amazing that only the americans ask for new towels !!
isplumm

Apologies

Post by isplumm »

Hi

Apologies - I meant to respond back to this subject.

So I will leave extra bedding for those clients staying more than a week.

Still not sure about a mid stay clean - suspect I will not do that - or may say that there is an optional mid week 50 euro cleaning available.

What do people do about toilet rolls / cleaning products etc for guests - how much do you leave?

Thanks Mark
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

I supply toilet rolls on arrival only and don't replenish them regardless of how long they stay. I leave plenty of cleaning materials. They seem to last forever as they rarely come out of the cupboard. The only item that seems to go down (but still slowly) is the kitchen work surface spray and the Fairy washing up liquid (but as you know, it does go on and on!).
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Hi Mark, I think you need to work out where you are pitched in the market place. For example I would expect more from a 'luxury' or 'high end' property than a budget one.

We are not high end but I wanted to make it a USP of ours that guests wouldn't be buying anything like dishwasher tabs, kitchen and loo roll etc. so I provide a good amount with the option for them to ask for more.
In reality it isn't abused.

Mouse
x
p.s. loo rolls are a bugbear of mine though and I hate arriving to a scrappy half used single roll.
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
annedab

Post by annedab »

Mouse wrote: p.s. loo rolls are a bugbear of mine though and I hate arriving to a scrappy half used single roll.
Thank goodness for the "s" there :lol:
Regards

Anne

If there's no such thing as co-incidence, then why is there a word for it?
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

annedab wrote:
Mouse wrote: p.s. loo rolls are a bugbear of mine though and I hate arriving to a scrappy half used single roll.
Well spotted! :lol: :lol: :lol:
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

annedab wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

While we're on the subject of loo roll, you do realise that the "PTO" printed on the sheets of Izal loo paper was not an abbreviation for "Please Tear Off", don't you? (By the way, what do kids use these days for tracing paper?!) :lol: :lol:
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!
Orsonthecat

Post by Orsonthecat »

Omg I'd forgotten about Izal! I cannot believe my parents (and anyone else) bought that stuff :shock:
So much to learn....so little time!
Casanosa

Post by Casanosa »

At www.casanosa.es we always provide a full set of linen and towels for every week of staying. One of the most important things in vacation rental is to provide a good service to the guests and this is part of that.
Find a home away from home!
www.casanosa.es
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Casanosa wrote:At www.casanosa.es we always provide a full set of linen and towels for every week of staying. One of the most important things in vacation rental is to provide a good service to the guests and this is part of that.
Yes, that's kind of what we all strive to do - and without linking to our own websites with every post we make :)
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Post by Sam V »

Bunny wrote:
annedab wrote:
Well spotted! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hmmm, could someone invent a hand winding machine for adding all the scrappy loo roll ends tidily onto one roll?
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Post by Sam V »

Casscat wrote:
Casanosa wrote:At www.casanosa.es we always provide a full set of linen and towels for every week of staying. One of the most important things in vacation rental is to provide a good service to the guests and this is part of that.
Yes, that's kind of what we all strive to do - and without linking to our own websites with every post we make :)

:lol: :lol:
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
Casanosa

Post by Casanosa »

Casscat wrote:
Sorry about that, it was my first post and i didn't know how it would appear.
Find a home away from home!
www.casanosa.es
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

That's okay Casanosa - it's just that we do get a lot of people coming here just spamming which is not what the forum is all about. Apologies for failing to welcome you as warmly as I usually would :)