My new-and-improved wp blog

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

No, no, no - not what I mean. Of course I know how to add pages - the ones there were added - they don't come done w the theme or anything...& I know how to change order and add subpages (but see above re subpages bit showing on th mobile phone version :-( ) I ment that the featured image of the first page in the order I put on the slider is the main image for the front. I like the wall photo for front...but FAQs are usually last, not first. I can have six slider images - I can choose whatever pages I want for those. I'm not making sense I think! Sorry. Unimportant anyway :-) bottom line. Yes. I can change "about" to whatever and I can put it wherever :-)

ps never mind. I was being stupid. I can, of course, have a different page order & slider photo order.
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

Ok! I was able to implement some changes! Again, your opinions are invaluable to me and greatly appreciated as I'm learning how to do this!

I still haven't found a solution to embed the vrbo calendar (anyone?) and I'm wishy-washy on the map on the front page...and not sure to leave the subpages links on the "location" and "rates" pages for mobile view or not...and still need to work on some content...but I think it's getting better! :-)

Http://CalitriRental.wordpress.com
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

Musetta wrote:Ok! I was able to implement some changes! Again, your opinions are invaluable to me and greatly appreciated as I'm learning how to do this!

I still haven't found a solution to embed the vrbo calendar (anyone?)
1st result in Google:

https://help.vrbo.com/articles/How-do-I ... al-website

Depending on the code you need to paste, you may need the xyz HTML plugin. Click plugins, type xyz and search, click install.

It may not be responsive in which case you could use this plugin which will import from VBRO.
https://wordpress.org/plugins/vr-calendar/
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

I, obviously, tried that first :-) , Kev! The vrbo html code does not work w Wordpress without a plug in I don't think...and I am confused by the whole plug in thing. Can I do that if I've just been using wp online and I don't have things downloaded or hosted or I really don't know what to call it? (& yes, I saw that vr plugin in the other day when I was trying to figure it out.) Am I making it seem way more complex maybe than it is?

Edit: ok. According to wp forums, plugins are not allowed at Wordpress dot com

I really get it that the more professional way to do things is not w the .com version but that's how it is. I don't own a computer (!) We have a shared family laptop (that my husband has taken over working from home) and a couple of iPads and iPhones where I do 99.9% of all computer everything :-) I have stolen my son's laptop for a few minutes to see how things look but mainly done everything from phone and iPad.

I was hoping there was maybe an external site/service that would import my vrbo calendar automatically but I can actually embed. It works w google calendar but looks bad & shows too many details like my guests' so that's no good.
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

Musetta wrote:
Edit: ok. According to wp forums, plugins are not allowed at Wordpress dot com

Oops forgot about that. Yeah your creative hands are virtually tied :)

PS. For the price of one iPad you could have had a couple of capable laptops or a laptop and a good Android tablet.