Open booking?

Services offered by owners that are relevant to the business of rentals.
louloup

Post by louloup »

She wanted to buy it for a birthday present, the birthday being this week, so as she repeatedly pointed out to me, it was a matter of some urgency.

When I said I could only accept bookings for specific dates with a contract she insisted that the birthday was this week and she could pay straight away but wouldn't be needing a contract obviously (no but I do!)

In my reply to her original request I said that I was an Entreprise Individuelle, not a hotel and that was the first thing she tackled me about, she didn't see why that should affect my decision.

I'm at the amused stage now, but she wins the prize so far.

Since I opened in 2010 I have only had a couple of difficult guests and one of those was "difficult" with his family, not me.

I'm not really geared up for children but have provided cots etc for a few.
This year I seem to be getting bizarre requests, large families who only want one room, cheaper but very warm rooms in the cold weather etc, something does seem to be changing.
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

louloup wrote:She wanted to buy it for a birthday present, the birthday being this week, so as she repeatedly pointed out to me, it was a matter of some urgency.
She was obviously agitated and in panic mode at leaving it so late. Oh well, at least she can blame you for the non existent gift! It's all your fault, obviously. :wink:
louloup

Post by louloup »

Mea culpa :oops:
Essar

Post by Essar »

annedab wrote:I had to laugh recently when talking to some friends who run a local b&b - the owner has a reputation as a great cook. They were caught unawares in a similar situation. She told me that it was OK as she just sent OH outside to kill a duck. Made me laugh imagining him roaming the lanes to look for something suitable for supper. :lol:
Happened to us after we got lost and ended up being rather late - the owner went out to "get something" - I was still starving the next morning; there's not much meat on a starling! :lol:
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
annedab

Post by annedab »

Essar wrote: Happened to us after we got lost and ended up being rather late - the owner went out to "get something" - I was still starving the next morning; there's not much meat on a starling! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Regards

Anne

If there's no such thing as co-incidence, then why is there a word for it?
kg1

Post by kg1 »

louloup wrote:Well apparently I am being unreasonable!

I sent her a polite reply thanking her for the enquiry and saying that as a small business, unlike a hotel, I was unable to accept an open ended flexible booking. I wished her luck.

Yesterday evening she rang me. She was outraged, after all I have three rooms so how hard would it be to keep one free (yes really!) and she wanted to make the booking NOW because it was a birthday present. It was unreasonable of me to expect firm dates because the weather might change and they needed to wait until it was suitable for hang gliding.

She said she really didn't see what my problem was.

All I could think was "that is the problem".

To be honest, having spoken to her even I could have accepted her booking I wouldn't want it.
Absolutely unbelievable! Such arrogance. She's obviously panicking about not having something booked for a gift, but to blame you is unbelievable. What nationality is she, maybe where she lives it's more common? Well done for standing firm.