Guest overstays welcome

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

In case Mousie doesn't move this, she posted this by mistake in a different thread, but I'm sure it was meant for here. It was too valuable to miss so I've popped it on for her in the interim. Hope you don't mind Mousie. :)
It is a delicate situation. ..but I'd try and build on the friendship by using the more truthful route.
If it were me, the next time she booked I would talk to her and say that the last time she was here I got myself into a right pickle through chatting whilst cleaning, and that I'd missed things that impacted on the next guest. I'd explain that whilst I enjoyed the chats, changeover day probably wasn't the best time and so could we please stick to the departure of 10am so I can give the changeover the time and concentration it needs.

Is it possible to suggest that if she wants to chat you could meet up beforehand? Maybe on arrival to catch up with each other? Or the night before departure?
Essentially blame yourselves and give her an alternative chat time so she feels you value her.
Then when she leaves on time be very very grateful with her to ram the message home. Smile

I imagine if she finds your place a haven she doesn't want to go back to reality.

Mousie
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Aw thanks Nemo! I'm menopause Minnie at the moment :lol: Glad I've got you looking out for me :P

Mousie
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
anya752000

Post by anya752000 »

She didn't stay with you in February by any chance?
I think I may have run into her at Manor Park!
cysgod y coed

Post by cysgod y coed »

Annual. Small world. Yes she did. She probably talked you into the ground.
She is a lovely lady though. One could chat with her for ages, but not while trying to prepare for next guests.
If you can keep your head when all around you are panicking.......you have probably not seen the whole picture.
anya752000

Post by anya752000 »

She was a lovely lady but yes I did know her entire life story by the time we left :D
cysgod y coed

Post by cysgod y coed »

Olga?
If you can keep your head when all around you are panicking.......you have probably not seen the whole picture.
anya752000

Post by anya752000 »

Yes!

What an extraordinary coincidence
:shock:
cysgod y coed

Post by cysgod y coed »

Well. Wack me with a wet haddock.
Lovely Olga strikes again
Goscar

Post by Goscar »

Thanks for the heads up. We'll make a mental note to keep a low profile next February.
Martha

Post by Martha »

I like the idea of dropping in the night before if possible. Have a set departure time that night if needed e.g. have to be back at 7, something in the oven. You can explain that the cleaners are booked at 10 and you have incoming guests so unfortunately she needs to be on her way in good time - hopefully another time you can offer a late checkout.

I usually drop an email the evening before if I'm not around, especially if it's a tight turnaround.
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
Essar

Post by Essar »

When I was 17 I had a girlfriend called Olga; she wasn't foreign, she was named after her great gran who had escaped the pogroms in Russia in the C19th - that's it really...oh, she did only have one top lip though and she could talk a glass-eye to sleep!

8)
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
anya752000

Post by anya752000 »

Essar wrote: she could talk a glass-eye to sleep!

8)
:D :D
anya752000

Post by anya752000 »

Well guess who I bumped into again today - lovely Olga :D :D
cysgod y coed

Post by cysgod y coed »

Well well. I wonder if she collected her stuff from my boiler room.
I wonder if she paid her bar bill
I wonder where she stayed this time, thankfully not at my place.
anya752000

Post by anya752000 »

I'm glad I never gave her my card when we first met.

She is looking at a house in Lamphey, she has been to see it 4 times and apparently is becoming good friends with the owners :lol: :lol: :lol: