rural property

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
sunshine2016

rural property

Post by sunshine2016 »

Hello, Can someone please explain to me exactly what the requirements are to obtain a rental licence for a rural property. e.g. do you need mains water, mains electricity etc. Many thanks.
Marks

Post by Marks »

Have a look here: viewforum.php?f=5

Various threads which will be helpful
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I have a rural property sunshine. I don't have mains water or mains drainage but I do have mains electricity. The rules for rural rentals are more accommodating than those for urban holiday lets because most provinces are very keen to encourage rural tourism. If you have any specific questions please feel free to ask :)
Swales

Rural property

Post by Swales »

Registering rural property is much simpler and the requirements are not too onerous. If it is just Vivienda Turistica de Alojamiento Rural VTAR. Follow the regs in decreto 20/2002 annex II and the regs in for category I basic in annex III regs in same decree

Make sure you looking latest version of decreto which was updated for VTAR in Feb 2015 waste water ruling cancelled for rural properties
Essential requirements are
Practical access well signposted for tourist vehicles
Drinking water if no mains water a water deposit minimum 200l por plaza
Electric supply
First aid kit

Must be a person on call during rentals who can check on property and sort problems check installations and have phone number took provide to guests
The property must be cleaned between rentals and linen changed
Bedside lights
Towels
Wardrobes
Direct ventilation in rooms to outside
If property rented out out to April some form of heating capable of keeping at 19 degrees
Hot and cold running water
One bathroom per 6 guests min
Hot water sufficient for all users to shower

It's all in the decreto
happycats

Post by happycats »

Please can someone offer advice about the correct licences we need to register for - as no-one seems to be able to offer much help, including the local tourist office and a property agent we were recommended. We have a rural finca with four houses on the Costa de la Luz; the main 'cortijo'(farmhouse) sleeping up to 8 in 4 bedrooms and three casitas each with 3 bedrooms so sleeping up to 6 per cottage - so a maximum total of 26 persons (although it never reaches that many!). The cortijo is our own home, but we are not currently living there full time - so it is occasionally used/rented out mainly to family & friends, as well as some holidaymakers, to help pay the bills. Everything is legal and we are registered as a SL company so already pay our taxes on any rentals - but were told to wait for the new licence types to be confirmed before we finalised them, as they would be impossible to change. We had intended to register all four properties together, but have just been told it is not possible as the total occupany is over 20. What are our options? Could we register the three casitas as a 'vivienda turistica de alojamiento rural' and the cortijo as a 'casa rural, or possibly all together as a 'complejos turísticos rurales'? We are an ecological finca and so don't want to install air conditioning units. We do have mains electricity as well as solar panels for hot water and our own water and septic systems. Thank you! :)
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I don't think the rules on air con apply to rural rentals happycats. I installed air con because I wanted to, but still have one bedroom without it and this is not an issue either for guests or for the authorities in terms of registration. I really do not have any knowledge when it comes to registering a collection of holiday properties, but I instinctively feel that if they are each independently rentable then they should be independently registered. I also thought the 'casa rural' label applied to a B&B so if you are letting out the main cortijo as a single self catering property this would still be a vivienda rural I am supposing. I stand to be corrected though as I do not have your type of property.
Swales

Compex

Post by Swales »

Your situation is complex and not sure how to advise. If you go to the Junta to DELEGACION PROVINCIAL TURISMO Y DEPORTE
AVENIDA AURORA 47
29071 MALAGA
They have someone I hand to advise. I seem to remember someone there in day I visited in similar situation

I have gone through new laws with fine toothcomb and as previous poster has mentioned Casa rural would not apply as you need to offer complimentary services to fall into this category ie B&B or horse riding guided tours and walks etc.
If you go the complejo route this will be subject to rigorous inspection and you will need air con and Multitude of other things in line with small hotels including play areas for children and the like.
I'm not sure how you go about offering as VTAR as this is usually one property that is let out in its entirity.
Requirements for VTAR are less onerous but you need to seek advice to make this work especially if any of the areas are share ie pool etc I think you could go for VTAR Compartida which would be the simplest. There are specific requirements ie room sizes first aid kits etc. Not an expert I this area but visit to Junta definitely would assist you
Vera

Post by Vera »

We have rented out our rural property for years and were told by the town hall that no license was required unless you were a Casa Rural but obviously that was wrong so now we are in the process of sorting it out.

We sent the paperwork to Almeria and received the paperwork back which had a VTAR number and a request for our escritura it also had a paragraph which said we needed to supply a project for a change of use of our land! A visit to the town hall and a very efficient town planner has now squashed this, thankfully.

So what happens next? We have had no mention of registering guests with the Guardia or signs.

Another question, first aid kits, is there a list of what is required in them?
CSE

Post by CSE »

Vera, that question about GC came up in another thread. Because it is permissions to register are down to the GC and not any tourist authority "system" you have to make your own arrangements with the GC.
If you do a search this subject comes up several times.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
sunshine2016

Post by sunshine2016 »

Our lawyer has told us that if we submitt a form to register for a rental licence that the town hall will take legal action as our house is on a plot that is a horizontal division.
CSE

Post by CSE »

By that does he mean you do not fully own the property and you have to share it with another owner?
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
sunshine2016

Post by sunshine2016 »

We own the house. It is the plot that is a horizontal division. We have made the house into a lovely rental but the lawyer says because the plot is a horizontal division the town hall will take legal action against us if we rent it out. Doesn´t seem fair when some people are renting out some shocking properties.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

When you bought the property were you aware of this 'horizontal division'?
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Others may be renting out 'shocking properties' but most will be doing so illegally (not registered, income not declared). They are in for a very rude awakening.
Vera

Post by Vera »

Although we weren't registered we did declare income and our tax assesor also said we did not need to register!

What is a horizontal division?