Liking followed by spamming

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
FelicityA

Liking followed by spamming

Post by FelicityA »

Anybody else been spammed by a Frenchman who put their property up here to be liked? I did not appreciate being offered a loan merely because I had liked a page? I have given him the benefit of the doubt that his page has been hacked...
Cassis

Post by Cassis »

Some people have no shame. Pathetic behaviour isn't it? :roll:
Real name Phil
Moved to France in 2004
Likes ducks, nature, gardening, furniture restoration, DIY, rugby, blah, blah.
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Since writing this I realise that it may not be the owner but somebody is adding comments to MY comment so I get a message that this has happened and the content is this loan thing. I think I have misunderstood the process. Facebook is very confusing sometimes! I have messaged the owner of the page about it but got no response.

I would be interested to know though from the Facebook gurus - is it easy to delete unwanted posts like that from your comments section? I do hope so as he will probably start spamming everybody now....
Cassis

Post by Cassis »

You can delete or edit anything you post on Facebook. Just click the little down arrow in the top right of your comment for the menu.
Real name Phil
Moved to France in 2004
Likes ducks, nature, gardening, furniture restoration, DIY, rugby, blah, blah.
revdev

Post by revdev »

Just to jump on your thread...

Does anyone know the person "Gozo Holiday" on FB?

I accepted a friend request and within minutes I started getting spammed with photos of villas and requests to book them for a holiday. :shock:

Total idiot.
See the job, do the job!
http://www.premiumturkishvillas.co.uk
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Thanks, cassis but I meant can you delete some undesirable comment someone else has made on your page?
annedab

Post by annedab »

Felicity - yes you can if you are the owner of the page. I have had to do it when friends have "forgotten" that they are posting on our business page :lol: There should be a little pencil icon in the top right hand corner of their comment - if you click on that, you have the option to delete the comment.
Regards

Anne

If there's no such thing as co-incidence, then why is there a word for it?
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

annedab wrote:Felicity - yes you can if you are the owner of the page. I have had to do it when friends have "forgotten" that they are posting on our business page :lol: There should be a little pencil icon in the top right hand corner of their comment - if you click on that, you have the option to delete the comment.
Thank you, Anne!
KAB-Dennis

Post by KAB-Dennis »

Just created a biz FB page and reading past posts........

I have found this thread and see that two different people have received spam after liking a page.

I dont want this to happen to my potential guests.

How would I know if it was spam or bad behavior on the part of the individual malicious or if originated by FB?
Kate
USA
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Kathleen - Reading this back about the person who thought they were being spammed with photos of villas. I think what they are seeing is what the Gozo Holiday people are posting on their own page (unbeknown to the Facebook newbie is that they are then subscribing by default to everything posted on the liked page) and the simple answer is to unfollow. So you go to their page, click on where it says you have 'liked' and then this opens a drop down box and you see a pen by 'in your newsfeed' - click on 'unfollow'. You can do that to your friends too but the unfollow thing is more obvious.

And yes, unless your guests know this, it will appear that they are being spammed when you post on your business page as they have been opted automatically in to follow you.