spending our ad budget on FB instead of listing sites?

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
tavi

spending our ad budget on FB instead of listing sites?

Post by tavi »

am just reading through this guide.

Might be useful for those of us who decide that the commissions/ guest fee/card processing fee, plus being paid after guests check-in might be better spent in other ways?

https://www.facebook.com/business/ads-g ... ews%20Feed
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Quite a few of the Americans hit by the Homeaway debacle are having surprising success with alternative advertising spend on targeted facebook advertising. I am going to get down to this for Autumn booking which is slow so far. I just have to work out when people plan September/October holidays.
tavi

Post by tavi »

I'm half-way through a 7-day promoted post - got 96 likes on the photo, 1 website click and it's "reached" 1500 people.

However, I've just realised I should have thought it through better and maybe should have paid to promote my website link rather than just a random photo....
GRL

Post by GRL »

I paid 18€ for a 3 day promotion of my Easter Availability post - it reached over 11,000 people, got me about 10 more page likes, quite a few website clicks, 30 likes and 30 shares ... but no obvious enquiries or bookings and I actually sold the dates to people who found me by searching on Google maps!

However it is not always about getting a booking first time but getting people to know about you - they may not book first time they see about you but a couple of times seeing your name here, there and everywhere and they are more likely to eventually make that enquiry.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Interesting. ...thanks for the feedback.

I really need to start working on this area. How do you target your audience?

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
tavi

Post by tavi »

I'm no expert but as an example:

I targetted people by Country - UK, Portugal and Spain.

age-groups - 45-65 (currently)

hobbies, interests - etc.....currently I'm using keywords like,
travel, food, walking, birdwatching, Algarve, holidays, and others (can't remember them all)

I also added a few more specifics to see what happened: vegetarian,
kitesurfing,
retired

Adding these specifics does NOT restrict your target only to retired kitesurfing vegetarians!

8)
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

:lol:

Mousie
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
AndrewH

Re: spending our ad budget on FB instead of listing sites?

Post by AndrewH »

tavi wrote:am just reading through this guide.

Might be useful for those of us who decide that the commissions/ guest fee/card processing fee, plus being paid after guests check-in might be better spent in other ways?

Hello tavi. I saw later on in this thread that you did a promoted post on FB. Was this to do with FB business ads. which your link above refers to? I am not familiar with Facebook, so this may seem a daft question to some.
tavi

Post by tavi »

AndrewH wrote:
tavi wrote:am just reading through this guide.

Hello tavi. I saw later on in this thread that you did a promoted post on FB. Was this to do with FB business ads. which your link above refers to? I am not familiar with Facebook, so this may seem a daft question to some.
Yes, Andrew it's a business ad - in the loosest possible terms. You can "promote" a post which means a photo or something is bunged into targeted people's timelines whether they've already liked you or not. Whereas an advertisement appears down the side panel. I'm not an expert - still learning

In my case, my promoted post is my own pic - a pretty seaview but it does come with my page name so it's publicity if the people seeing it are potential holidaymakers, they might just click on my page name to see what I'm all about.

Currently it's been shown to 3,500 people.
173 have Liked it.
11 have shared it.
And I've got an extra page like. No bookings though!!

Edit - Cost was €7.
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

Thanks very much, tavi. I shall proceed further, with the assistance of children/grandchildren, who are FB fanatics.