Lay My Hat home page Lay My Hat Forum
The forum for holiday rental owners

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Promote my place - online.net

Personal websites
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davidah

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:01 pm    Post subject: Promote my place - online.net Reply with quote

Hi

Can anyone help with a problem I am having with getting my PMP website online? I have purchased a domain name (lemoulindebardeas.com) from online.net as it has been recommended elsewhere in the forums. I have then tried to alter the DNS settings on online.net to ns0.ukfast.net and ns1.ukfast.net as described in the pmp instructions. I get an error message in the online.net DNS module:

Error: ns0.ukfast.net (http://ns0.ukfast.net/) : No SOA record on this nameserver., ns1.ukfast.net (http://ns1.ukfast.net/) : No SOA record on this nameserver.

Promotemyplace are being very helpful and tried the same things for me with the same result. Online.net blamed it on promotemyplace settings.

I then asked online.net to alter the A record to the pmp IP address. This worked until I published the PMP website, and it then stopped.

Has anyone got a promotemyplace website to work with online.net? If so how.

Otherwise can anyone recommend a suitable site to transfer my domain name to - I also want email.

Hope this is understandable.

Thanks very much David
DaveT

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like ukfast.net is checking for the existence of DNS records (specifically SOA records) on the PMP DNS servers before allowing you to change the nameservers. This is perfectly reasonable behaviour. Have you tried publishing the PMP site first then changing the nameservers afterwards?
davidah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi DaveT

Your answer is very logically and also correct.

I changed the name servers a few times with the same error, then the changes were accepted. A few hours later the website has appeared.

Thanks for your help.

David
Personal websites