Towel size

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
mrsbarkay

Towel size

Post by mrsbarkay »

Random question!

What size towels do you provide - bath towels or bath sheets? and with a hand towel?
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

We provide bath towels rather than bath sheets. It's true that guests prefer larger towels but if you have a lot of them, it is more expensive and difficult to wash and dry them.
Annew

Post by Annew »

Last year I changed to bath sheets for adults and bath towels for children with hand towels for both. I've actually recently had guests mention how nice it is to have big towels, but nobody ever complained before I changed.
If you want to find me, Google The Barton Poughill!
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

I personally prefer bath sheets so that is what I provide for my guests, either at home or at the cottage. :lol:
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!
GillianF

Post by GillianF »

Bath sheets. I used to provide bath towels for small children/babies but it got a bit complicated doing different sizes and relying on guests to work it out ...................
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Bath sheets and I only provide bath towels for young children who would be swamped by a bath sheet and likely drag most of it on the floor.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Bath towels. ...but only because of storage, which is horrendous, and the drum capacity of the washing machine.
Probably not as important here as it's a hot country but personally I would provide bath sheets if we had the room.

Mousie
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
AngloDutch

Post by AngloDutch »

I know it's been 25 years this June since I left the UK, and my English is really not what it used to be (or could have been), but just WHAT is a bath sheet?! :?
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

AngloDutch wrote:I know it's been 25 years this June since I left the UK, and my English is really not what it used to be (or could have been), but just WHAT is a bath sheet?! :?
It's just the largest size of bath towel, usually about 1m x 2m.
AngloDutch

Post by AngloDutch »

Bunny wrote:
AngloDutch wrote:I know it's been 25 years this June since I left the UK, and my English is really not what it used to be (or could have been), but just WHAT is a bath sheet?! :?
It's just the largest size of bath towel, usually about 1m x 2m.
Ah, now I understand, thanks, Bunny.... :lol:
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Bath sheets, bath towels, hand towels and face cloths here :lol:

Most people use all of them; if anything doesn't get used it's usually a hand towel.
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Bath sheet, good sized hand towel and face flannel (only the North Americans use these). Bath towels for small children.

And.... a bag of 'lesser' hair towels in the airing cupboard as I was fed up with bleach and hair dye on my nice bath sheets. They are always clean but not necessarily pretty.
Martha

Post by Martha »

Bath sheet, bath towel and hand towel for each guest, plus a hand towel in each bathroom. I roll them, I find it's easier than folding.

You never know which rooms kids will be using so everyone gets the same, they can always swap if they want smaller towels for kids. Though when I was little I liked nothing better than a huge towel!
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
Boomhulay

Post by Boomhulay »

Bath sheet, hand towel, flannel (Americans love their wash cloths), towelling robe and towelling slippers each, plus a hand towel in each bathroom, because I found they'd be using tea towels to dry their hands on (why?).
Kids get the same, unless they're under 12, in which case I don't usually bother with the robes.
It's a lot more washing, but it's what I'd like to find in a rental and the guests always comment how well equipped the place is and usually leave a good review. :D
mrsbarkay

Post by mrsbarkay »

Just to say thanks everybody for your feedback, as always really helpful.