Web site comments please - Cocketts

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
OrangeBlossom

a final comment

Post by OrangeBlossom »

I'm late to the party as you've already changed your site based on the feedback but I thought I'd look anyway since you got such nice comments.
I found an error on your Ts&Cs tab
within 4 weeks of the planned start of your stay. 50% of the total charge being unable to re-let the property at a sensible commercial rate.
within 4 weeks of the planned start of your stay 100% of the total charge being unable to re-let the property at a sensible commercial rat
I guess you changed your mind about which text to use and added instead of replaced. The second version has 'rate' misspelled too.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Lovely property :) The caption on the playroom photo refers to a single and a 'doubly' futon so you may want to correct that. I also think 'akonites' should be 'aconites'.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Lots of useful input so far. I think the first page still has too much text to read, so some bullet points would be very useful.

Owners next door? Some love it, some dislike it, so I'd play that down to state the fact, but emphasise that you don't interfere in their holiday.

Are your goats, chickens etc a big draw for your guests? If they are, then fine, otherwise it's another aspect I'd play down/move to a less prominent position and not be highlighting it in the second paragraph on the front page. I would imagine people are booking a holiday for all that the area can provide with a comfy home to retreat to. It feels as if you haven't disconnected yourself from the house yet to put yourself into the holidaymakers shoes?

The dog friendly aspect. If that's your key market then you really need to increase the whole dog friendliness ethos of the site. It's not singing out to me that you really really want dogs, just that you'll accept them if they are part of the booking. The T's and C's could be couched in slightly friendlier terms, but I'd like to see a lot more dog friendly info generally if that really is your market. Otherwise you fall into the category of accepting dogs rather than welcoming them. The dog friendly market has changed and guests are looking for more than just acceptance nowadays.

Lovely house though and I'm sure you will go from strength to strength with the bookings.
NeatandPicky

PMP website

Post by NeatandPicky »

Your cottage looks lovely. We have been big fans of PMP since the early days, and are still happy. We like their excellent speedy help desk, and responses to suggestions. (Have just spotted that they've added different availability calendar colours which I requested a while ago.)

Our first few pages have photos displayed down the left side. I think this helps to lift text-based page. Give the photos appropriate names before you upload them, and take care with captions as both help generate traffic.