Bookings started ok now really low!

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
SOKI

Bookings started ok now really low!

Post by SOKI »

We are with Welcome Cottages, just started this season. Initially we had several bookings and all was looking good. Now 3 months later we have had two cancellations and no bookings for a bout 3 weeks. Is this how it is for others this year? On looking at other similar properties their calendars seem fuller than ours. Are we just being impatient?
Spending Our Kids Inheritance
www.greathillslodge.com
rosebud

Post by rosebud »

I wonder when you began advertising?

In my first year (I am now in my fifth) I began advertising in very late March and I am sure that had an impact. I only had 19 weeks booked in the first year - now I get 38 - 40 weeks.

Most of my bookings come in Jan or Feb so if you did start later that could have had an impact ..

I also found that when I started advertising myself I did better than when I used an agency ...
SOKI

Post by SOKI »

Hi

We made sure we signed up in January so started advertising properly since then however sorted out a website in 2015 and had this up and running by September 15.
I note that professional websites offer a much better showcase of the property so we might go down those lines if things dont improve.
The annoying thing is we had all of June booked but with two cancellations this is no longer the case (although one did rebook for 2017!).
Hopefully things will pick up, thanks for the reply!
Spending Our Kids Inheritance
www.greathillslodge.com
tavi

Post by tavi »

Hi Soki every year is different and we all have weeks on end with no enquiries or bookings - so it's difficult to know whether to blame the economy, the listing site, or ourselves! I'm not in the UK but many of my UK enquiries are much later this year than last.

I would say make sure your prices are competitive - particularly in your first year. Once you're up and running with reviews and repeats you can start to increase them.

Your house looks lovely but your website isn't doing it justice. You have some great interior shots but none of them are even to be found on the home page. You could try creating a PMP site like many of us have.

If you don't have a FB page, get one and start posting your lovely photos and links to your website or your agency site.

That'll keep you occupied while you wait for the next rush of bookings!