Insurance

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
fordcottage

Insurance

Post by fordcottage »

Hi Our insurance is due for renewal, we are currently with NFU and I would like to know if anyone has any experience of Boshers and Schofields. Are they any good? We are very new to holiday rental and have only just started marketing our cottage so any advice would be much appreciated. Many thanks.
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Hello Fordcottage.
Have you tried using the forum Search function? I think you will find all three companies are in favour but you will be able to read much more detail in the previous threads which a search on "insurance" will bring up.

At the end of the day it will probably be down to individual quotes and circumstances as to which company you prefer. But you are also likely to find comments if anyone has ever had to make a claim.
Joanna

Post by Joanna »

We're with Schofields. Thankfully never had to make a claim. I've called them for advice a couple of times and they've been helpful. They've also been slightly cheaper than Boshers and more flexible about things like draining down the central heating in the winter.
Jo

Joint owner of Baker's Cottage in Chester & Chandler's Cottage in Sidmouth
paolo

Post by paolo »

Every other day there is a little ad at top right for Schofields insurance, and if you get to their site by clicking on that, some pennies will come rolling into LMH.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
fordcottage

Post by fordcottage »

Thank you so much for your help. Ive decided to stay with NFU better the devil you know!
ARealHighlander

Post by ARealHighlander »

Schofields declined to quote us as we are one street in from the river Ness and a "flood risk" despite the street never have been flooded and also not a flood risk on the SEPA local flood risk register.

We have been using Towergate for some time.