Bookings down on one, up on the other

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Lets Go To Puglia

Bookings down on one, up on the other

Post by Lets Go To Puglia »

We have been renting two properties in Puglia for a while, this is our 11th year.

The bigger property (which sleeps 8 and is popular with extended family or two family groups) is marginally up on last year. The smaller one which sleeps 4 to 6 is not doing as well as previous years.

The smaller property is listed on HomeAway (Classic), HomeEscape.com, Rentivo.com and theholidaylet.com. We have just reactivated, but on a commission only basis, Holiday Lettings.

We have a website, http://www.letsgotopuglia.co.uk, facebook and twitter presence, and Google+.

I'm working on SEO for our website but have a limited amount of time. I'm considering paying someone to do the SEO - any recommendations?

Our pricing has been pretty much the same since we began in April 26, increased marginally this year to reflect the fact that the pool is now heated and the house has full air-conditioning.

We have good reviews and get repeat guests.

Any suggestions as to why the enquiries / bookings are down this year and recommendations as to what we can do to improve them.

Ciao!
Ciao, Debbie

Puglia Holiday Villas Facebook Page
---------------------
It's not the things you did you look back on and regret it's the things you didn't do!
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

I can't give any advice on the listing sites, but looking at your website, there are a few things that spring to mind.

I'm not sure of the benefit of having the pop-up saying 5% off if you book direct on your front page with a Book-Now button - before people have even looked at your properties. It also prevents you checking your site using google's tools as google sees every page the same - just the pop-up.

The villas look lovely, but it's not easy to find the very basic information about the villas that you really need to know straight away - like how many they sleep in how many bedrooms. If you just added to the menu links for example villa rosa - sleeps xxx, then I wouldn't have to waste my time looking at villa rosa if there are 10 in my party! I clicked on "Choose your villa" and it just ended back on the same page. I re-read it more carefully and I see that it said click on the links on the right; but people are in a hurry and don't read screeds of text. If people can't find the information quickly, they'll move on.

The larger place looks a lot nicer than the smaller place - there are no photos of the bathroom.
Lets Go To Puglia

Post by Lets Go To Puglia »

Thanks ... I only added the popup recently on recommendation from some marketing advice website. Other people here have sugggested it is a mistake.

I've taken your comments on board and will be reviewing the website and making some changes.

Ciao
Ciao, Debbie

Puglia Holiday Villas Facebook Page
---------------------
It's not the things you did you look back on and regret it's the things you didn't do!