Classified-holidays.com (or is it car ads now.net?)

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Mountain Goat

Classified-holidays.com (or is it car ads now.net?)

Post by Mountain Goat »

Caution with this clown.

Keen to flog his rental listing site, with a glowing testimonials' page to build confidence, he's used the same testimonials and same customer names on his (separate) car listing site.

Sad little enterprise.

Just annoyed I gave him the time of day on the phone.....

Goat
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I've been thinking of this one, and just curious to know whether a link from this 'rental listing site' to one's own site is actually worth a quid.

If this site actually got onto the search engines on a regular basis (i.e. content building daily), is it worth a £1/year to have an additional inbound link?

I guess his site is no more than a link farm, but it's a link farm only with rental properties (the caravan in Skegness brings back memories...).

I just don't know how valuable inbound links are, vis à vis Google and it's peers.

Goat
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Now, Now ,Goat, :)

You of little faith, :wink:

How do you know that when the people who advertised through him werent that pleased with the service ,
that when he said he had a car or two to sell they didnt insist on buying one from him,
probably had him double glaze their house while he was at it. :lol:
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

[NOTE: This user has been banned for breaching forum guidelines. He is the owner of the listing site in question]

Goatie. have you ever heard of a website template? obviously not my friend.This would explain why the 2 sites are similar.I really do suggest in future you do not slag other peoples websites especially when you know nothing about site design and build.

You paid peanuts for a good annual advert.Which included pictures and a link to your website.What more do you really want. Although this site is in it's early stages it is a well written website and will have a good starting P.R at next update mid october time.
If you are not happy may i suggest you ask the owner of the site to remove your add. Then you could pay owners di****t £125 for a similar service.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

That seems a bit strong! :cry:
Mountain wasnt slagging anyone off just chewing over the probabilities. :? [as Goats do ask Gascony]

And having seen most of his postings I for one thinks that his judgement is usually sound :shock:
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Canaryislandsun, you sound so annoyed by Mountain Goat's posts, one might be forgiven for thinking you were the actual founder of classified-holidays.com. Are you? :)
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
sunny by nature

Post by sunny by nature »

Most people would use their first post to introduce themselves or ask advice.

Wellying in with a rolling pin and a pair of size nines is certainly a new way to make friends and influence people! :shock:
it's life Jim but not as we know it
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

canaryislandsun

Thanks for your succinct comments. It's part of the frank cut and thrust of this forum that we can feel free to voice our opinions - the fearless sword of truth etc.

I do know a bit about templates, in fact, I'm such a dreeb when it comes to web design that I have to use them myself.

What I didn't realise, and I'm all ears to learn more, is that using templates went as far as duplicating identical fake testimonials on more than one site (one cars, one holiday rentals). A bit short-sited (groan) I would have thought, when recruiting new customers and trying to seduce Google and its ilk at the same time.

Somehow my trust of the designer/owner might take a dive south when he/she didn't have the imagination to dream up a few more ecstatic customers with different monikers.

It isn't often we have the opportunity to sit at the feet of a master web guru.....

Goatie
PS There's no 'add' to remove.
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

canaryislandsun wrote:Although this site is in it's early stages it is a well written website and will have a good starting P.R at next update mid october time.
Sunny - how on earth do you know that the next update is going to be in mid october?

Interesting that you consider it to be well written, considering that the owner of the site seems to have a problem with unnecessary apostrophes. Oh, that's funny, so do you! :lol: :lol:

You must think we are really dim. :roll:
sunny by nature

Post by sunny by nature »

You must think we are really dim.
And that we don't have access to whois.

Still it was nice to hear from you, Jason.
it's life Jim but not as we know it
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

I am really dim :oops: [made it into an art form]-I can do dim.

Im the only one who didnt suss out why he was so snappy at poor old mountain :shock:

But I wasnt having it , nice to see everybody else rallying round. :wink:

Well done Forum :D
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

I think there are a few people trying to pull the wool over our eyes but there are some very bright sparks around and wading in with your first post to needlessly attack someone isn't too bright a move :evil: Generally this is a balanced site- people have differing opinions and frequently air them . That's good. Verbal attacks aren't acceptable, debate is :wink:
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Well said Fraise??? :)

Think you might be needed on another thread[holidaylettings] :wink:
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

sunny by nature wrote:Wellying in with a rolling pin and a pair of size nines is certainly a new way to make friends and influence people! :shock:
I don't think canaryislandsun realised what a lions' den (well, zoo) he was entering when he posted. A forum such as this is bound to be made up of people who have a bit more savvy about the subject in hand, in this case, renting out a holiday home, than the average cyberspace surfer.

Good luck CIS! I'm sure you will get plenty of people signing up, and you're right, what's a quid?
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I think we've been really nasty to CIS, and I'm the worst offender.

Why don't we all throw in a quid and give it a go? If we all listed, the site would get off the ground, go zapping up the rankings, and everyone would win.

And we could then contribute some genuine testimonials, maybe CIS would allow us to adjust a few grocer's apostrophes (or is that grocers' apostrophe's?), and suggest spelling 'alternatives'.

I mean it; and anyway, he's got my quid.

Goatie
(and you could even flog your car)