New hot tub-questions on maintenance

For anything to do with the garden and pool
susanj

New hot tub-questions on maintenance

Post by susanj »

We have never had a hot tub and just installed one in our vacation rental. Our cleaner will maintain (but not repair) it.
I hope he knows what he's doing.
I tried to educate myself and there's SO much to know and very confusing!
I found a maintenance schedule online and when I showed it to him he said no one does it that way . Unless they are retired. It showed a certain order to test and add chemicals, and said to wait 30 minutes in-between each!

I went to Amazon and found about 10 products and am wondering if we need them all. Some we got in our starter kit and some we didn't. Some that we didn't get I think we do need. And some that we did get seem not that important.

This is the list:

Chlorine -necessary of course
Spa Frog-slow release chlorine--yes
Calcium booster--he says it's not needed
Defoamer-yes (but we didn't get in our kit so does manufacturer not think it's important?)
Spa Up and Spa Down-yes (not in our kit)
Natural Chemistry Spa Perfect/Spa enzyme (for water rings and odors)- in our kit , but is it necessary?
Clarifier- Leisure Time Spa Bright
Oxy Shock without Chlorine-yes
Leisure Time Spa Defender for stains, scale and rust-in our kit

The reason I am beginning to doubt our guy is because he told me clarifier and shocker are the same. Then why does Amazon have 2 separate products?

Any help will be much appreciated!
bornintheuk

Post by bornintheuk »

There are very many variables in both hot tub and pool water chemistry, but clarifier and choc are not the same thing.
Here is a link to a USA based website that you may find useful and someone may be local to you in Colorado.
http://www.troublefreepool.com/index.html
What would Plato do ?
susanj

Post by susanj »

Thank you!