Would you use a microfiber hair turban?

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.

If supplied, would you use one of these plush microfiber towel to dry your long hair while on holiday?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:16 am

yes
14%
no, over my dead body
86%

Total votes: 14

Isy

Would you use a microfiber hair turban?

Post by Isy »

Imagine, you have long hair and you're staying in a rental home. The owner supplies one of these plush & user friendly microfiber hair turban to dry your hair. Would you use it or not:

Thanks in advance for your inputs and your comments (reasons why you would not be caught using it for ex..)

"A microfiber towel is less fluffy than a regular cotton towel but is actually much more ideal for drying hair because:

1- It absorbs water much more rapidly without the need for rubbing;
2- You don't have to rub your hair to get the water out so there is minimal friction between the towel and hair fibres - less friction means less breakage;
3- Hair that's been wrapped in a microfiber towel will dry a lot faster than hair that's been wrapped in a regular towel;
4- Microfiber doesn't produce lint (bits of white fluff). Lint from regular towels causes hair tangles.
5- It helps to reduce hair frizziness."
From http://www.nenonatural.com/

PS: we already supply hair dryers and hair straightener
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger !
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

I wouldn't use it - but then I wouldn't use the hair dryer or straighteners either. I wrap my long(ish) hair in a towel while I apply body lotion, and that's it for hair drying. Even in UK during the winter, I didn't do anything more. If I washed and plaited my hair just before going out for the evening, it would still be damp in the centre of the plait at bedtime :oops: :lol:

Can (and will) you wash these turbans on a hot wash, as you do the towels and bed linen? Particularly if the label says not, I feel sure there will be an element of "eeeeew yuk", no matter how hygienic you are with them. It's a bit like wearing a rental crash helmet to go with the rental motorbike.
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!
Isy

Post by Isy »

Thanks PW in Polemi for your comment.
The microfiber turban hair thingy will go in hot wash like any towels so there is no contamination issue there. But I understand your point of view ("no matter how hygienic you are with them. It's a bit like wearing a rental crash helmet to go with the rental motorbike."). My dear hubby pointed it out to me yesterday.
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

I would find it strange to use without having eliminated the bulk of the water in my hair with a towel first.( If you have quite long hair, does it not become very heavy and slip when your hair is just washed but not towel dried????)

I suspect that it takes a bit of getting used to using this. That might mean that people would not bother.

If you do decide to go with it, I think ladies might prefer to see it sealed in a bag of some sort so that they know it is clean/unused.

Also, if it is good, because it is small, it would be much more likely to accidentally walk into luggage that was going home than a hand towel??

Is it to be provided instead of a hand towel, or an additional item? What's the thinking behind this?
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

I am thinking also, why would you bother to invest in these? It is not on my must have list of items, or even on my 'would like to have' list. I am happy with any old towel and a hairdryer. Even if washed, I would feel it was like borrowing somebody's hat.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

I'd regard it as discrimination against bald males and would burn down your property. :twisted:
Isy

Post by Isy »

Thanks all for your comments.

It looks like this microfiber hair towel falls in the category "Good for home and not for rental".

@Zebedee: once on your head this microfiber towel stays put on doesn't slip and is light as a feather compared to a cotton towel. You made a excellent point about "ladies might prefer to see it sealed in a bag of some sort so that they know it is clean/unused".
I was thinking about providing one as an additional item (the little extra for the ladies). But the truth is it is likely to stay unused or if it is used, like you said, it s more likely to go missing. So in any case, not a good idea to provide the item.
@FelicityA: "Even if washed, I would feel it was like borrowing somebody's hat". This is exactly what my husband said.
@GB: so I guess it's a no...lol
Essar

Post by Essar »

How does it deal with head lice?
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

It reminds me too much of my paternal grandmother's hat.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Essar wrote:How does it deal with head lice?
I'd imagine that any self-respecting head louse would go "Jeeeeez - purple! I'm outa here!!!!"
So an unexpected bonus.
Isy

Post by Isy »

Essar wrote:How does it deal with head lice?
Like any bed linen, a hot wash (60°c mini) will kill head lice..but if it s not enough GB pointed out that the colour will get rid of it for good lol
arkvilla
Location: Highgate Park, Florida (the Villa) we live in Essex, UK

Post by arkvilla »

I have one I use at home and they are great and actually make your hair smoother but I wouldn't use one provided in a vacation home

(I considered leaving one for our guests but then decided against it)

Sandra
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

If me Gran was coming to stay maybe...... Come to think about it,
no.
Cheers
PC
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I blow dry my hair when it's still fairly wet as otherwise it crafts itself into strange shapes that no hair dryer can banish :D My friend is my hot brush. I don't need straighteners as my hair is already straight, but my hot brush introduces volume that just isn't there in real life. Microfibre turban? I might use it to dry my stockings - but it seems that the towel rolling tip is only one option: http://fashionmylegs.blogspot.com.es/20 ... hurry.html Yay, another use for a salad spinner!! :P
Isy

Post by Isy »

Thanks guys for your votes and comments (Save me from making a mistake)