Call to action button?

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
kg1

Call to action button?

Post by kg1 »

Please could someone please explain to me what the 'call to action' button is a FB business page. I am having problems with the 'Contact Us' test button not working (says server not found) & there is a Call to Action option but I don't want to do it if it will irritate all the kind people who have Liked my page.
tavi

Post by tavi »

if you click the drop-down arrow you can choose (edit call to action) what you want it to say - I chose contact us and linked it to my website.

There's also learn more - which you can also link to your website?

I didn't want book now as too in yerface.

hth.

p.s. the test button prob doesn't work because you haven't yet linked it to your website - go to Edit call to action first.
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

i think I clicked that and didn't realise that when someone else clicked it I would get charged..............cost me £20 before I realised!
anya752000

Post by anya752000 »

I have it as book now and it links to my prices and availability page.
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

roxytoo wrote:i think I clicked that and didn't realise that when someone else clicked it I would get charged..............cost me £20 before I realised!
:shock: :o

Are you sure. I've got the call to action button on my FB page. I'll be removing it quick if that's the case!
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

If it asks you to promote the call to action and you click it then yes, I got charged!
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Now I'm scared to do it!
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

'Promote the call to action' is in my drop down list, but luckily I've not clicked on it. What happens if you do? In what way is it promoted, just out of interest? Presumably only the page owner can click on 'promote'? :?
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Anything that uses the words promote or boost will cost you money on facebook. Just implementing the call to action button is free. Use whichever one suits you best (book now, contact us etc) and then choose which url on your website you link it to.
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Nemo wrote:Anything that uses the words promote or boost will cost you money on facebook. Just implementing the call to action button is free. Use whichever one suits you best (book now, contact us etc) and then choose which url on your website you link it to.
Thanks Nemo - will leave alone.
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Re my original post - I am having trouble with the Contact Us button on my FB page - get this message

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem.

Learn more…

Report errors like this to help Mozilla identify and block malicious
sites

I use Mozilla firefox & the FB page is

https://www.facebook.com/newforestselfcateringcottage/

Any help gratefully received!!
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

It's a PMP website isn't it? I'd start with them and see if they can shed any light. I'm on my phone and it doesn't work for me either. There's something about the link that FB doesn't like I assume.
booboo

Post by booboo »

Bunny wrote:
roxytoo wrote:i think I clicked that and didn't realise that when someone else clicked it I would get charged..............cost me £20 before I realised!
:shock: :o

Are you sure. I've got the call to action button on my FB page. I'll be removing it quick if that's the case!
sorry i don't understand.. who is charging who? i have "book now" which directs it to my website.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

booboo wrote:sorry i don't understand.. who is charging who? i have "book now" which directs it to my website.
The call to action button itself is free, but if you click on a facebook message saying PROMOTE or BOOST this button or similar wording, then you have fallen into the trap of paid advertising.
booboo

Post by booboo »

Ahhh Thank you Nemo. I understand.