Have License from Junta now need opening license from Town H

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
CortijoLosLucas

Have License from Junta now need opening license from Town H

Post by CortijoLosLucas »

We have our License Vivienda Rural from the Junta de Andalucia, been inspected by them and all fine. We have now received a Letter from our Town Hall with another License Number (different to the one from the Junta), stating we have to apply for an Opening License from them as well !!!!... all news to us as we went to the Town Hall initially and asked them what/did they have any requirements from us and was told NO and ALL licenses are dealt with by the Junta.
The letter from the Town Hall inform us that we must have a "Disabled Bedroom" and a "Disabled Bathroom", we also need Fire Extingushers, Emergency Lighting with relevant signage, Complaint Book (which we now have), a copy of our Junta License on Display, Copy of the Notification that there is a Complaints Book on Display, and a Price List also on Display..!!!!!...
All in all I don't think the left hand knows what the right hand is doing. The Junta did not require any of this and even during the inspection we asked and we were told no !!!! :x
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

That's a new one on me. As far as I was aware the Vivienda Rural rules are enshrined on a province level. It would not surprise me if local law could add extra hurdles though. The purpose of the Vivienda Rural rules was to set minimum standards, and importantly to encourage rural tourism by ensuring that guests were not holed up in some dilapidated shed with no running water after booking a 'luxury villa'. If it is possible for the rules to be augmented on a local level then this opens up the whole kettle of fish to the prospect of the kind of cliquey corruption for which Spain has been so famous. Pressure from the influential and oh so well connected owner of the 'only hotel in town' for example. These new rules sound very hotel-esque. I hope it's simply a case of misunderstanding the kind of accommodation you are providing. At least one further visit to the ayuntamiento is required I think!
CortijoLosLucas

Post by CortijoLosLucas »

As we are having other building work done we have the help of an Architect and he has confirmed all the requirements from the Town Hall are correct, plus we have no Hotels here so no pressure from them. We have spoken to other friends who also have rentals and they have also received the letters from the Town Hall, so looks like its official.
We were told that once you get your license from the Junta, they then notify your Town Hall and that in turn "triggers" their requirements and the obtaining of an Opening License and Inspection from them as well.
CSE

Post by CSE »

You are now finding out how Spain works.
The system is teared, so things like this are cascaded down.
We have a licence to run a business and to make noise. The later is the same as a bar.
Both were obtained from the Ayuntamiento.

Also if you do not obtain the correct licence, just because you are not contacted by the offices which issue those permits still means you could be fined. Another way Spain works. :wink:
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.