Out of lurking for Website review!

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
A-two

Post by A-two »

Astra,
Beautiful house (I think I said that already) and the website looks very inviting (small download problem with javascript on the booking page, but that may be me). What I'd like to say is that I don't think you need to show the bathrooms at all. I don't include any bathroom photos and have never had a request for any. People want to know how many, whether they are ensuite, full bath, half bath, bathtub, steam shower, jacuzzi etc., but that's it.

I think people who do show bathroom photos, in effect, are asking folks to visualize themselves doing their ablutions there, whereas I would rather they spent whatever limited time they give to my website visualizing themselves having fun on my beach, having a cocktail on my terrace overlooking the bay, cooking a great meal for family and friends, relaxing in front of movie, or falling into comfy beds for a good night's sleep, so those are the areas I show.

Unless your bathrooms are stunning, palatial in size and include a seating, relaxation or exercise area, personally I would leave them off. For the same reason, while I include a description of laundry facilities, which is a very nice first floor room by the way, still there's no photo.

It's all about capturing the essence of the dream vacation, and while going to the bathroom and doing the washing inevitably is going to be a part of that, it's not the part I want or need to feature.

What might be useful (if you have it already and I missed it, my apologies) is a floor plan to show how the bathrooms are laid out in relation to bedrooms.

My 2 cents.