Magnetic Shower door seals and clips.

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Hells Bells

Magnetic Shower door seals and clips.

Post by Hells Bells »

We've a perfectly good shower cubicle with twin doors. It has magnetic seals in the centre which as secured in place at top and bottom by plastic clips of various types. THe clips at the top hold the seal in place and prevent id from dropping out at the bottom. One has gone missing somewhere. The plastic parts at the bottom stop water dripping out of the cubicle, but are now all split and degraded. We've replaced the other seals along the bottom of the door quite successfully, but have so far been unable to source replacment clips for the magnetic ones. I've tried several places in Uk and France. Problem is also no manufacturer name on the cubicle. Anyone had to do this and know where to get the parts? I can easily obtain the seal , but the company don't supply the clips and suggested I contact the manufcturer :?
ianh100

Post by ianh100 »

Hi Helen,

We had exactly this problem recently having taken on a property. We managed to trace ours as the glass had an etched part number. From your description it is worth trying this company, if you can find an etched number on the glass.

http://spares.aqualux.co.uk/spareParts/index.asp
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

thank you. there's nothing on the glass AFAIK but we do have a number on the remaining clip.
Essar

Post by Essar »

Have you tried:-

bathroomspareparts.co.uk - See here

theshowerseal.co.uk - See here
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
Cassis

Post by Cassis »

Mr Bricolage has recently started selling all sorts of replacement shower door seals for various thicknesses of glass. Bottom seals in various profiles, side seals and two-part magnetic joint seals, every type I could think of. I've seen them in the Arçonnay store, which isn't the biggest around here. Not too expensive if you have to replace the whole seal.
Real name Phil
Moved to France in 2004
Likes ducks, nature, gardening, furniture restoration, DIY, rugby, blah, blah.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Cassis, good post, great advice, if only the local Mr Bricolage hadn't recently closed.