Duvet Covers

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
PW in Polemi

Duvet Covers

Post by PW in Polemi »

Has anybody else noticed how many times duvet covers are fastened and unfastened per changeover?

First, unfasten to cover duvet, then refasten. Then on laundry day, unfasten to remove from duvet. Refasten enough fasteners to prevent duvet cover from swallowing pillow cases in the washing machine. Then unfasten to iron - and some duvet covers seem to require refastening in order to fold them neatly!

And while I'm on the subject of ironing duvet covers, why is it that some of them are not made of 2 equal parts? The larger part (normally the bit you see when the duvet's on the bed) seems to wrinkle and slide away from the underneath part - so I end up opening the duvet cover and sliding it onto the ironing board and moving it round and round in order to iron all - instead of laying the cover on top of the board and ironing both layers together.

Or is it just me being cackhanded? :oops: :roll:
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Our duvet covers don't have any fasteners........... :D
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Why not? Did you remove them all in frustration? :lol:
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

I bought some of those ones which have no fastenings but an extra long bit to tuck into the bed at the end. But I hate them as they are huge to wash and take longer to iron so even with all the problems you list, PW, I prefer the fastening ones - but buttons, not poppers as they never last. And I agree, the two sides never seem to be the same size.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I have no duvets - problem solved :D
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

It's so hot here most of our season that even a bedspread as well as the sheet is too warm so I use lightweight duvets at the beginning of the season (March/April) when it's still chilly at night and just sheets and a duvet cover for the rest of the summer.

Some duvet covers are very well behaved - the duvet goes in easily, they wash and iron well, they're easy to button up. Others are more of a nightmare to use - one day I'll see a good offer somewhere so I can change them for hopefully better behaved sets! :lol:
Lets Go To Puglia

Post by Lets Go To Puglia »

Like PW in Polemi most of the time we just use duvet covers and sheets or just sheets. Sometimes we get requests for duvets when it is 40C outside and the guests have turned the AC to 16C and run AC 24/7. Teeth knashing. How do you deal with that?
Ciao, Debbie

Puglia Holiday Villas Facebook Page
---------------------
It's not the things you did you look back on and regret it's the things you didn't do!
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Lets Go To Puglia wrote:Sometimes we get requests for duvets when it is 40C outside and the guests have turned the AC to 16C and run AC 24/7. Teeth knashing. How do you deal with that?
Simple. We've got a/c controllers that we have set to not go below 25C (it's clearly specified in our listings and if anybody wants it cooler, then the difference is chargeable locally) so I only supply a light (easily washed) blanket in a bag in the wardrobe; the duvets get put away till the shoulder months.